Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Puppies have arrived!

Well here at last are the long awaited Alaskan Malamute puppies!

I have to say mom looks very pleased with herself.
Attached Images

Old December 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Chum Mum

OH, My are they just so tiny and cute. Mama looks so proud...makes me think of our sweet Mal Gal...I have a soft spot for Malamutes!
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributor

awww, Mom and babies look good. Is this the all female litter DD? Maybe you are meant to have a girl intead of a boy?
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Patti, yes this is the all female litter. Apparently we are meant to have a girl and a boy. This breeder has a friend who is a breeder (she has a breeding pair who are both from the bloodlines of this breeder) and she is expecting 6 puppies next week. We are hoping for a boy from her and will bring them both out together! We had thought we would end up with two, just not both at one time, but if that's what the fates dictate then so be it. We just have to wait and see if we can get a male from them. I think we'll take a female from here regardless though, although I have yet to get DH to affirm that. The girl with the red collar was the first born and biggest, the others were too tiny for their collars yet.
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Those are tiny pups.cute momma is a beauty
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Senior Contributor

That is so cute the puppy sleeping on her mom paw. Mom is busting with pride.
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Must say that mum looks really lovely for a start. I did a double take when I saw coloured puppies. LOL. My breed are born white you see, the cattle dogs. I didn't know you were contemplating two of them, that's great that they will have company whilst being reared and trained.
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM

Ooh, they are cute
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG they are too cute. Brave woman 2 puppies at once.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

DD, they're ADORABLE!!!
I just love the mom, she's gorgeous! The cap is my favorite when it comes to Mal Markings! I also like the cap/bar combo. Nookie has a cap, and Thorin had the cap/bar

I didn't know you were getting 2!!! Brave lady LOL
You are going to have so much fun with them

Are you and hubs going to Ontario? Or is the breeder shipping them?

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So tiny! They're adorable, DD!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

They are so tiny aren't they. Hubby is fond of the one in the second picture with the white blaze on her forehead. Unfortunately there are two people ahead of us I think so we won't get our pick from the full litter. Dang. The breeder has promised me weekly pictures.

Robyn, my friend who lives in Ontario is going to pick up both pups and bring them out herself. Apparently they can both go together in a 400 varikennel and since she is also flying at the same time they can go as excess cargo and will ship for about $75. versus paying about $410 if they just went as cargo on their own. Yay! Saving money now will be very important. Mostly because I'm going to have to buy a new car because I won't be able to get two malamutes and a lab into my little Corrola.
Old December 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

New car your going to need a big SUV.
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Senior Contributor

DD I am so glad that you have finally got some puppies to chose from, you have been waiting so long. I hope that the litter that is being born soon has the perfect male for you. Can't wait for more pictures and to watch them all grow.

It was almost a 2 year wait for us when we got Sasha. She had her name before she was even born. DH said that Sasha is it and Sasha she is!
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldogs View Post
New car your going to need a big SUV.
and a bigger bed if the dogs are allowed to sleep in the bed.
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
and a bigger bed if the dogs are allowed to sleep in the bed.
might need a custom made bed.
Old December 6th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Senior Contributor

The bed won't be an issue, we (sadly) have a no dogs on the bed rule. In fact no dogs on the furniture. They get their own beds mind you, on the floor, but nice and soft. DH has never been one for dogs on the bed. Dang! Since I think we are the only people on the planet who have a double bed still, there isn't room for a dog even now with just Halo.

The car (SUV) is a pipe dream right now. It really isn't our plan that these dogs would travel everywhere with us on a regular basis. Shadow and Halo went everywhere we did and did fine in the Corrolla, but that was of necessity. The plan is the Mals could hang out in the doggy kennel run in the back (it's very big and well sheltered and fenced). I really am over the whole "taking the dogs everywhere we go" thing. Of course outings and vet trips would be a different thing, but I can't really see taking all 3 to the vet at once $$$ wise anyhow.

Now DH is having qualms about getting two and just may want the male, if there is one. My friend said with two same age pups we would have to be very careful to work one on one with them so they bond with us and not just with each other. Which is a fair statement. Now he's worried about getting two together. Oy! Just when I finally get myself wrapped around it, he's scared now. I actually think two at once is okay because you only have to go through puppyhood once. Yes it's twice as bad, but only half as long as if you did it twice!!
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Senior Contributor

The first night I had Marty I told him it was time to go to bed and he went and jumped right up onto my double size bed and made himself comfortable. I LOL ! I was not expecting that to happen but I did not mind as know he is not getting into trouble while I was sleeping. Have you thought of any names for your puppy yet?
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's true about working with them separately so that they know to look to you rather than just bonding with each other. You want them independent of each other as much as possible so they can be confident alone if need be.

I have fond memories of raising Cole and Ember together as pups ...and some not so very fond memories of what it did to the backyard! When we moved we had to relandscape the whole backyard--it was basically beaten into dead earth by puppy paws, all the shrubs were gnawed and the arbor vitae all looked like they'd been grazed by deer cuz the lower branches were pulled off. Of course, our yard was part of a city lot, only about 50 x 75 square feet in size, so it got pounded pretty hard by the little darlin's.... Mals would be much bigger!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

My wife has that rule,i dont have that rule so they sleep on the bed as long as its behind my legs on my side or she kicks them off.

1 or 2 pups will still be fun to show off to everyone.
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM

Awe they are so cute. Makes me want another baby in the house. Congrats to you.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Senior Contributor

barkingdog, we don't have names yet. Hubby wants to call one Nikki,he's thinking the boy dog, but I think it's more of a girl name. We'll see though. I'd like a stronger name for the boy, like Sherman (as in tank) or I also like Kodiak (Kody for short). Time will tell.

In case you haven't seen TJT we now have a boy pup coming along also. I don't have the pics of that litter yet, but they probably look just like these ones, although Mom is very dark. Will post when I get it.
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

If your taking suggestions on names Dakota is a stong name for a male.
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Senior Contributor

angeldogs, I actually have that written down on my list, which consists of Kodiak and Dakota! But if DH sticks to naming the male Nikki (which I will say is short for Nakita but he won't) then Dakota would not work for a girl...
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

The male might get a complex having a girls name and being picked on by the neighbourhood dogs.. My moms neighbours dog is dakota and they call him cody also. i really like that name.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

It really doesn't matter what we name them, DH will call him anything he wants. Halo's name is pretty straight forward and he calls her Tayler. I don't even know where that comes from! Anyhow, she doesn't care so there you go. She's happy so long as anybody is talking to her.
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Its Feb you get the pups is it.?.the excitement is going to be through the roof and hard to wait when their on their way or getting real close to coming out there.
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
barkingdog, we don't have names yet. Hubby wants to call one Nikki,he's thinking the boy dog, but I think it's more of a girl name. We'll see though. I'd like a stronger name for the boy, like Sherman (as in tank) or I also like Kodiak (Kody for short). Time will tell.

In case you haven't seen TJT we now have a boy pup coming along also. I don't have the pics of that litter yet, but they probably look just like these ones, although Mom is very dark. Will post when I get it.
Yes I saw that you're getting a boy and girl puppy, that is very exciting. I can't wait to see photos of them. The puppies personalty may help you decide what names to use.
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Senior Contributor

So let's see if I can get a pic of the second litter up. The first mom is Mylie (in the first pics). The second seal coloured mom is Noya with her 5 pups. Sorry tried to make it bigger and I couldn't.
Attached Images

Old December 10th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Will try one more time. That's better. Noya is the mom, the purple collar is a girl, the yellow and red who are nursing are boys (hopefully one will be ours, one is already taken) and the two lighter grey's are one male and one female but I don't know which is which. They are 2 days old here.
Attached Images