Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM
banned user

Diarrea

First puppy given blue buffalo all good then he started to have the runs. I took him off then introduced Orijen all good poop good then started again. I went to pet store and had been told blue buffalo not good so switched to another brand where the flax is #7 on list as I thought is would be the flax, the owner of store suggested an enzyme to give him (powder form) over food did that. Store owner mentioned why do you see so many skinny shepherds because their bodies are unable to break down the protien hence enzyme condition worsened. Now I have returned him to Orijen all good poop normal now major diarrea I give him prebiotic. I started with one pill per feeding now I give him two as of yesterday. He drinks water like crazy but he has no issue potty trained always thirsty. I also have to mention that he loves his fruit and vegetables raw. I eat organic lettuce and he loves it including banana, organges, apples, baby carrots, and cucumber. Now I have given him milk bones it has whole wheat in it wondering if the combination of the aformentioned is causing this. He appears to be bloated now but Vet mentioned to increase food as he had not gained enough weight No Worms all good. He eats his poop now I have to stay on top of it and clean yard. Why does his poop normal most of the time and then diarrea it absoloutely makes no sense to me unless I should not feed him fruit/veggies. Both food prior to Orijen had fruit and each time diarrea. Someone on this site posted pumpkin to put in food I am lost. I already have a senior dog with a flora problem do not want this one to have it. I try to come on site regularily but sometimes I have to attend to other issues. This puppy is Belgian Malinois yes Moses but he is cross nonetheless he has all of his fathers traits so I exercise him via agility and not cycling as this breed requires allot. If I am not on here in a couple of days I am saying my aplolgies now our schedule is hectic I thank you all for your support and suggestions
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Bloat is an emergency of extreme proportions. Bloat can kill him. I'm not sure if you are using the word bloat in the medical sense, but if so, or if you don't know, VET. Immediately.

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/gastric-v...ning-emergency
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Given the absence of any of the obvious symptoms that indicate a problem....I think the OP just meant 'bloated' as in full or extended.

That said, if the bloated stomach does occur with the other signs of bloat...then this is a 100% immediate emergency as Longblades points out.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM
banned user

no

It is because he has eaten allot I am concerned about the diarrea what should I do thanks
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
banned user

no

He is very full from eating I am more concerned about the diarrea and all the water that he is drinking