Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old August 15th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Kittens Thrown In Frying Pan

I almost gagged when I saw this headline. There are some SICK people out there!

http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_kittens

Kittens Thrown in Frying Pan in N.Y.
By Associated Press

6 hours ago

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Five kittens thrown into a frying pan with pork chops and hot oil were recovering at an animal shelter Monday, and the man accused of scalding them was awaiting a court appearance.

The kittens, about six or seven weeks old, were injured Saturday when a visitor threw them into the cooking pan, authorities said.

The kittens suffered slightly burned skin and are expected to recover.

The resident of the apartment had left the kitchen, where he was cooking at the stove, when the kittens were scorched.

"The (visitor) started taking his clothes off, took two kittens, put them in the frying pan with the hot oil and pork chops and began swishing them around," said Charles Loubert Sr., an animal control officer. "Then he threw one kitten on the floor and he took the other one and wiped it off on the wall. Then he put three more kittens into the frying pan."

Police said they anticipated the suspect, whose identity was not released, would be charged Tuesday with animal cruelty.
Old August 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Truly sick people in the world
when I clicked into link I saw this article:
60 Puppies Perish in Mass. Trailer Fire
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

LOWELL, Mass. - A trailer carrying dozens of puppies to Northeast pet stores caught fire just off an interstate, killing all of the estimated 60 dogs inside, authorities said.

The driver first noticed smoke coming from his trailer just before 5 p.m. Monday, state police said. He pulled over, and the Lowell Fire Department put out the flames that engulfed the trailer, but they couldn't save the puppies.

The puppies were a variety of breeds between the ages of 8 and 12 weeks, according to a state police news release.

Neither the driver, identified as Joseph Price, 40, of Joplin, Mo., nor his passenger, William Iriarte, 50, of Nesho, Mo., was injured.

A preliminary investigation indicated that a malfunctioning fan in the rear of the trailer may have started the fire, police said. No charges have been filed.

The truck was owned by the Hunte Corp. of Goodman, Mo., a major puppy supplier for pet stores.

"The puppies were all beautiful, healthy purebreds that were on their way to quality retailers in the northeast and eventually to loving New England families," the company said in a statement. The company said it has a near-perfect safety record.
Pathetic! They begin their little life in a mill, then crampted in a back of a truck headed to a pet store where they burned to death but no charges have been filed "Near perfect safety record" for whom?
Old August 15th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Re: Kitties in a frying pan
Pretty sick... And to think, we spend so much time trying to keep pet fur out of our food.

GG, what's worse, dying at 8-12 weeks or being passed around endlessly from impulse buyer to impulse rescuer?:sad:
Old August 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM
-

Aww, both those stories are absolutely heartbreaking. :sad:

The a**hole that put the kittens in the frying pan will likely get off due to mental incapacity.
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Honest Contributor

sick b@stards, all of them!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:36 PM
boubou

The article about the puppies: they(the puppies) were all coming from one of the largest puppy mills in the US called the Hunte Corporation. I don't know if any of you have seen his advertisments in pet magazines but he makes his business look the the Disney Land of puppy mills claiming that all his puppies are socialized at an early age, healthy and transported in their very own climate-controlled vehicles. His face makes me sick. This story should be spread across every newspaper in the US!