Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 19th, 2004, 06:14 PM

Angry Lucy is back from the Vet

Well, i just got back from the vet. Poor Lucy has pneumonia and is running a temperature of 104. The vet thinks that she has either chlamydia or herpes too. They couldn't deworm her or give her any vaccines due to her fever. She is on oral antiobiotics for 10 days...clavamax. I feel so badly for her...her rear end was even a little bloody(dried blood)...I feel like such a bad mommy. It didn't look bloody to me and her stools aren't bloody. They told me to expect the worst since she only weighs a pound and a half. This morning her eye was the worst that I have seen it and her nose was runny...I guess everything goes together, huh? The vet was also concerned about her excessive dandruff, she said that's not a good sign either. However, she said it was good that she is still eating and drinking. She goes back in ten days. Well, I'm doing all I can do...I turned the heat up and right now she is snuggled in a blanket on my lap. Will my kitty survive?
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM
banned user

((((((((((tc and Lucy)))))))))))))
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope Lucy will survive. Tiny kittens that get off to a rough start are often very challenging to keep alive.

All digits crossed for little Lucy and for you.

Thank you for trying so hard with her!!
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Poor little girl,I was hoping for some good news
It must be heartbreaking for you,it just seem to be one thing after the other....but maybe,hopefully this little girl still has fight left in her....I think everyone here are rooting for her and you
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:45 PM

thank you we can use all the cheers we can get!!! it's just heart breaking to see her like this. although, to her credit, she is still playful and is eating and drinking well. so, maybe it's not that bad? i don't know...i'm just hoping for the best. she's such a sweetheart, it'd kill me to lose her...i'm sure it would kill stella too how long do the antibiotics take to start working...if they do? i'm hoping to see an improvement in her breathing soon. she had one dose of amoxicillin at the vet and will get the next one tomorrow morning....and more terramycin for her eye but now three times a day! do kittens this small usually survive an illness such as pneumonia? no one answered that question before...probably because i won't like the answer
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I'd rather not answer that question, because no one ever knows!

Just take one day at a time, and the fact that Lucy is eating and drinking is extremely important and a very good sign.