Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Is there a new law that I should be aware of?!?!

Is there some new law, or public policy out there that says it's completely acceptable to smack other peoples' dogs with umbrellas!?!?
In the past week or so, three people have taken it upon themselves to smack Layla with their umbrellas:
1) Last week Layla and I are at the park (in the rain) and this lady sees her and starts calling her "P'tit chou! P'tit chou! Ici P'tit chou!" So Layla looks at me, and I give her the nod and say "go ahead". So Layla goes running off to see this lady, but when she gets about 3 feet away from the lady, she screams "AHHH Elle est trempé!!!" (no kidding she's wet! It's raining out!" So this lady takes her umbrella, which isn't even open, so she's getting rained on, and is herself "trempé" and smacks Layla with it. Layla, then comes running back to me, tail between her legs, scared out of her skin.
2) Two days later, still raining, Layla and I are out running at about 8pm, so that the path is pretty empty and I can let Layla run off leash. She's running about 10 feet diagonally behind me, so that I can see her out of the corner of my eye. I pass a man who's walking in the other direction, and as I pass him, I turn around so that I'm running backwards and can keep my full attention on Layla as she passes this guy. She's running straigh ahead, completely ignoring him, when he suddenly leaps sideways so that he's right in her path, and smacks her with his umbrella saying "Hurry up, you can run faster than that"
3) Today, Layla and I are waiting for a light to turn at an intersection. I'm standing, and she's sitting beside me (on leash). The light changes so that it's an advanced green for left-hand turners, which cross our crosswalk, so we don't move (It's a busy street, and lots of cars turn) When along comes a cyclist, who for some unknown reason decided he just had to bike on the sidewalk, and not on the bike path three feet over. He doesn't want to wait for the full light change, and so to get past Layla and I he smacks her with his umbrella (I don't even know why he had one, it didn't rain today!! But apparantly it's important to keep them on hand in case you need to hit something )
AAAGGGGGH
ok that's my rant.

Last edited by Puppyluv; October 19th, 2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: polivy? what the heck is a polivy?