Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old July 11th, 2007, 11:35 PM

Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix

My kids & I went this afternoon. While I won`t say it was a bad movie, it was really disappointing. Of course they couldn`t use everything from such a huge book, but there were huge bits missing and others very "condensed". It wasn`t an overly long movie, just over 2 hours, and I imagine they could have easily added another half hour without making viewers tired of sitting. The big fight at the end was well done, I think, although not completely true to the book.
If you love Harry Potter, you`ll want to see it no matter what- I`m sure we`ll end up buying it went it goes to video. Just don`t expect too much from it. Another viewing might change my mind a bit, but right now I`d have to say its going to be my least favorite of the series, although I didn`t care much for the 3rd one either.
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Had I not read the book, I'd say it was the best one yet. But they cut and changed a good bit of things and that's disappointing. I mean, they could have left out all those Filch moments and say maybe included the fight between Snape and Sirius at Grimmauld Place.

And they didn't say anything about what Bellatrix did to Neville's parents. That was totally excluded and I think its a very important thing.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
banned user

well, you can never expect a movie to be as good as the book. i havent seen it yet but i definintely will at some point. luv the books! 2 DAYS!!!!
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh no, I never expect that. Still, it would have been nice had they left some stuff in. I can't wait until tomorrow night!!!!
Old July 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM

My son reads the books, but I have not.

We went to see the movie in IMAX 3D and I thought it was great! I really loved it! That woman who played the evil teacher was fantastic! I hated her!

Jordan also loved the movie in itself, however he was very disappointed on the things that were changed and left out, particularly a fight scene that he said he was looking forward to seeing on the screen.

I can understand your disappointment, though, as I also have a hard time watching a movie after I have read the book...
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Formerly Misery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post

And they didn't say anything about what Bellatrix did to Neville's parents. That was totally excluded and I think its a very important thing.
Yes, definately! That was a major part. Also anything about the hospital. I would have loved to see Gilderoy Lockhart again!

2 Dogs - Misery and Sadie
1 Kitty - Gracie
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Flyball Mom

I was wondering what they were going to do with the last three books being so huge, how much would they cut. I haven't seen it yet, I hope I'm not too disappointed.

I can't believe they cut out the thing about Neville's parents, that is a major plot point going into the last book with the whole 'does the prophecy refer to Neville or Harry' question. They did the prophecy justice I hope, that was the major, major thing with that book.

I really hope they do the last book justice, it was such a good ride.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me