Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:17 PM

LOST! Mixed female Rottweiler - Southshore, Montreal

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. Dog lost in St. Basile, bordering Carignan, Chambly and St. Bruno.
Her dog somehow got out of her yard on Sunday, October 21. Zoe is a 2 year old female, black mixed dog weighing about 70 pounds and is mixed with a rottie. She is a nice dog, but timid, so might be afraid of strangers.
If anyone sees Zoe, could you please PM me right away.

Thanks!
Susie
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM

Well, it's been almost two whole days and still no Zoe. Her Mom and Dad are just devastated, they both took the day off of work to look for her and will do so again tomorrow. They have contacted all the shelters, vets, police, etc. in the area and still no leads. How can a dog disappear into thin air like this?
Please pray that Zoe finds her way home soon!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
-

Can you post a picture, there are members on this forum that live in the Montreal area.
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM

im all eyes

ill keep an eye out and ask some friends that live in those areas.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM
-

Hey susieqt , I guess your friend already called the SCDD , but they better go and see for themselves ....
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:31 PM
boubou

I have a picture of Zoe, but I'm having trouble posting it (I've copied it from her 'lost poster' sent to me by her Mom)....anyone have any idea why I can't post it??
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM
-

Boubou , I pm you my e-mail adress , send the pic to me and I'll try to post it.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:49 PM
-

Here is Zoe , she's too cute , let's hope they find her very very soon.
Attached Images

Old October 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM
boubou

You're awesome Frenchy!!! Thanks!
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM

Oh, thanks for posting her pic, Frenchy! I really, really hope they find her quickly. There has been a few sightings of her from different people, so she is on the run, probably too scared to approach people. Her Mom and Dad have been looking and looking, took three days off of work, and still can't find her!!! Please pray, everyone!
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:57 PM
-

No problemo, let's hope she finds her way home
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:24 PM
boubou

The desperate search continues. All weekend her parents, family and friends drove through the neighboring cities stapling and handing out posters, and still nothing! It's as if she just disappeared. Zoe's Dad went back at at midnight on Saturday and drove around til 4 am hoping to find her. We are loosing hope that we will ever find her. It's been eight days today since she left home. If only we'd get another phone call to say she's been sighted in a certain area. With all the corn fields around, she could be miles away, and it's getting sooo cold out.....
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:45 AM
-

noooo , don't loose hope :sad: maybe someone did see her but just didn't see the posters about her. Will keep and
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Don't loose hope...pets don't just disappear off the face of the earth... I've been searching for Billie for almost 6 months and even though it's hard you have to keep hoping for a miracle. If you need some inspiration look at Shirley and Sable or Carly and Spencer, they are what keep me going when I feel down and out. that all our precious pets find their way home.
Old November 4th, 2007, 05:13 AM

I lost one of my dogs last year, that was terrifying! A couple of teenagers found her at the corner of my street. They took her about 25 km away. They didn't call any shelters or vets. I posted and searched ful time. Finally a pet store employee called me and said she saw my dog with these teenagers and they wanted to keep my dog! The employee never got any more info so I still didn't know where to look. But at least I knew she was being taken care of and was in the area, it was just a matter of time because I wasn't going to stop looking.
Finally I put up a reward (100.00), and wouldn't you know they called me the very next day! I was so mad because they knew I was searching, they said their grandmother had seen my reward posted at the local bank (basically they knew but wanted to keep her)! But I was just so relieved I got my dog back. It took 8 days to find her, trust me I looked hard and long!

The cutest part of this story is that my dog was so cheeky that when I got to the teenagers house, my own dog barked at me like I was a stranger! Of course when she realised I was her mommy, she ran right to me and licked my face! Keep looking, keep looking, keep looking, don't give up! My prayers are with you, I hope someone is keeping her safe.
xo Laurie
Chacha - Chipoo
3 budgies
Sam - rabbit

Last edited by lauriem; November 4th, 2007 at 05:17 AM.
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:48 PM

If you lose your pet, you have to act quickly. Make posters with your pet's picture and take it to your local vets, pet food stores and groomers. Also most food stores have bulletin boards which are seen by many people. Have you contacted the south shore shelter called Monteregie, sorry, I don't have their no. What about your local dog catcher, if you have one in your region? And your town hall? Good luck in finding your dog.
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:05 PM
jenn

I wish you luck on finding Zoe soon. I just wanted to send some encouragement. We lost our little Shih Tzu, Rudy, this summer for almost 2 weeks. I know that's not as long as some have been lost, but I have heard of lots that were gone for a lot longer and found.
We put up posters at our local grocery stores, vets and convenient stores. My girls and I walked the neighborhoods every evening asking everyone we seen to keep an eye out for him. I really thought that someone kept the little guy. We were really just thinking he was gone for good and we got a call about one of our posters. It was a poster I had put up in a grocery store, I really didn't think people looked at them much. But sure enough it was Rudy, he had gotten over a mile away. Plus he had to cross a very busy 4 lane highway to get where he was. So don't lose hope, you will find her. Just don't stick close to home because they can wander farther than we think.

Jenn