Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old June 16th, 2011, 03:07 PM

Hi I am new...

Please forgive my bad english!

Hi, I my name is Jenny, and I am a swedish woman, living in Spain (Europe).

I found this forum because I have had a bit of regret lately, regarding getting two puppies (siblings). Reading the internet doesn't really help at all... But then I found a thread here that was so helpful. Sadly the thread ended due to a "troll". Anyway, I found it so "uplifting" and so informative, that I now feel a lot better. Thank you so much to all the wonderful people answering, giving constructive answers, and giving hope.

As you can see from my "profilename", I have Groenendaels (Belgian shepherds) at home. My dogs are first of all members of the family, we enjoy all our holidays together, hiking, biking, skiing... And then there is of course; Agility! I must confess, I am a complete agility addict. Most weekends we are traveling around the country, competing in agility.

I got my first dog, Tim, 12 years ago, and that was when my whole life changed, and everything in my life became about dogs and agility. Sadly Tim died last week. Loosing him completely broke my heart. This is why I started doubting my abilities in raising the latest addition to the family; 2 siblings from "working-lines" (malinois background) Groenendaels. The "babies" are called Abby and Tom, they are now 16 weeks. They are really funny puppies to train, and to "be around" in general.

Thank you so much again, to the people answering in this thread (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68343)!

Last edited by hazelrunpack; June 16th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi,I'll just call you"G"your whole name a little difficultprobably not Swedish..
I too am Swedish but living in Canada and now a Canadian citizen.
I am glad you got some help from our Forum,there are quiet a few people here who do agility.
As for your English,looks good to me

Last edited by chico2; June 16th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Groenendael!

Sorry to hear about Tim It's always hard to lose an old friend.

Sounds like you have your hands full now with the puppies! Here's another for raising them together! It's a journey of love but there will be plenty of aggravation and trials, too. Well worth the journey, though. Most of the time it was a whole lot of fun having two wee ones growing up together. I think you're going to enjoy the experience.

Enjoy your stay here. Oh, and don't forget to post some pics of your pups, and Tim, too, if you have some you'd like to share with us.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome , Groenendael. Sorry to hear that you lost Tim, I think we all know the pain you'd have felt when he died but it eases slowly, and what fun you'll have with your new sibling pair, Abby and Tom. I followed the link and enjoyed reading about the pleasure others have had, I bought sibling Australian Cattle Dogs myself 15 years ago, then got another pup a month later, and have never regretted it. In fact, while I am now looking for a new pup, your post here makes me really wish it was going to be two pups. LOL. My single pup though will have 6 shelties to play with and learn off. Don't you doubt your ability to cope though, anyone who can do agility well can manage to rear two together I'm sure. Love your breed by the way and I hope you'll post photo's - lots of photo's.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Welcome and I LOVE Groenendael's, such regal looking dogs.
Glad you found us and hope to hear more about your wonderful new additions.
So sorry to hear about the loss of Tim, sounds like he had a very wonderful life.
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Hi,I'll just call you"G"your whole name a little difficultprobably not Swedish..
I too am Swedish but living in Canada and now a Canadian citizen.
I am glad you got some help from our Forum,there are quiet a few people here who do agility.
As for your English,looks good to me
Hi there, how nice to find a "fellow countryman"... you can absolutely call me "G", or Jenny (which is my real name). Thanks for the encouragement on the english. After living in Belgium 10 years and now in Spain for 7, mostly speaking french and spanish, it seems I am loosing my english.
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:08 AM

I did it! This is my Tim. The picture is taken just a few days before he left me. I will post pics of Abby, Tom and Will shortly!
Attached Images

Last edited by Groenendael; June 17th, 2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:22 AM

Thank you all so much for a warm welcoming! I know most of you know what it feels like to loose a dog. I didn't know what it meant, until I lost Tim, since he was my first dog. The thing is, most people don't really understand, which makes the whole thing even worse. It is almost as if you have to apologize for reacting so strongly; it is "only" a dog. But for me Tim was so much more: he was really my best friend. Even if he had been sick for a while, I was really chocked. The day before he was fine, playing with his ball, eating his food, going for walks, and the next morning I found him all cold in his bed.

Yes, I really have my hands full with the "little monsters". I am so happy to hear there are more "crazy people" (daring to get two puppies at the same time) on this planet. And I am so lucky to have found you here!

I will try and put some pics on my doggies... but you might have to have patience, I am really terrible with computors.
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:45 AM

And here is Will... for the other two (Abby and Tom), I will post pics when I get my camera back. My husband took it with him for a business trip.
Attached Images

Old June 17th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Senior Contributor

welcome to the forum, I'm sorry for your loss, he looked like a wonderful companion! Man you must have your hands full now with the pups *L* what a great joy, lucky you, I think your english is wonderful. hope to see lots more about the raising of your new family members.
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Tim was a handsome boy! And so is Will! You've had at least two lovely furbabies in your life, you lucky woman!!! Can't wait to see your other two!

(And I think your English is wonderful, too!)

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
welcome to the forum, I'm sorry for your loss, he looked like a wonderful companion! Man you must have your hands full now with the pups *L* what a great joy, lucky you, I think your english is wonderful. hope to see lots more about the raising of your new family members.
Thank you Melinda! Yes he really was a wonderful friend, I don't think I will ever find a more faithfull dog. He really loved, only me... a bit selfish, but I was always very flattered. We will see about how I will do with the "raising". I am a bit scared. It is no problem now, but they are only 4 months, we will see later on, when they become teens...
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I'm so sorry for your loss Groenendael.
Many of us have lost pets recently so we know exactly how you feel. sweet tim

Your pix are SO cute and we hope to see more.

Glad u found us! and welcome!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Tim was a handsome boy! And so is Will! You've had at least two lovely furbabies in your life, you lucky woman!!! Can't wait to see your other two!

(And I think your English is wonderful, too!)
Thank you so much Hazelrunpack! Well yes, you have a good eye, Will is the beauty in the family (from "beauty-lines"). The two little monsters, will not be so pretty when they grow up, actually they look kind of funny already, but I am hoping for plenty of will to work!