Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM
banned user

Wink caca

I have tried it all give up. Moses is determined to eat his own poop. Cayenne pepper did not phase him, hot sauce nada, hot curry loved it. Not only that regardless whether I have picked i up if I am not outside within 2 seconds GULPS IT DOWN as if he has never been fed. To make matters worse weather is thawing and there is a lot of tender morsils waiting to be eaten. I have taken a shovel and dug down and removed but this is an endless story. He is not lacking anything in is diets top grade food, vitamins wholesome treats you name it this boy has it all. Okay done ranting
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:41 AM

Don't let him out to do his business alone or at the very least, keep him on a very long lead so the minute he is done - you can give a small tug and bring him back inside while you then go back out to clean up

It's a very self rewarding behaviour, and the longer he gets to do it, the harder the habit will be to break.

Good luck!
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:10 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki Love View Post
Don't let him out to do his business alone or at the very least, keep him on a very long lead so the minute he is done - you can give a small tug and bring him back inside while you then go back out to clean up

It's a very self rewarding behaviour, and the longer he gets to do it, the harder the habit will be to break.

Good luck!
Excellent suggestion thank you I am going to do that
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Hey this has been a constant battle for me too. I get actually warn her now not to eat her poo, she looks at it and walks away. Of course I clean it up right away anyways......
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty11 View Post
Hey this has been a constant battle for me too. I get actually warn her now not to eat her poo, she looks at it and walks away. Of course I clean it up right away anyways......
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin12 View Post
Excellent suggestion thank you I am going to do that
this does not help no sooner do I clean it up and go inside the little bugger is digging down and picking up from before. I would have to go and dig thru all the snow very tedious. he only selects his how long is this going to take
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It's going to take till it all melts out and you can clean the yard up completely...they're persistent, them poop eaters! We taught ours the 'leave it' command, which usually gets us just enough time to get over to them and clean it up before they get to it. Even in winter, they aren't allowed out unsupervised so we can maximize our pick up and minimize spring thaw 'surprises'.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

I know when we lived back East it was always hard to keep it clean in the winter, but a necessity. I've climbed many snow banks in my slippers to make sure I cleaned poop immediately. But the leash is a great suggestion.
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:47 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
It's going to take till it all melts out and you can clean the yard up completely...they're persistent, them poop eaters! We taught ours the 'leave it' command, which usually gets us just enough time to get over to them and clean it up before they get to it. Even in winter, they aren't allowed out unsupervised so we can maximize our pick up and minimize spring thaw 'surprises'.
He sure is. I had gone into my yard yesterday and took shovel removed some of his poop. Its the recipe of champions as fars as he is considered. Moses already understands the command leave it. I watched him take his poo and waited for him to go GULP but he did not he wanted inside home. It is impossible to use lease on him I though about this had been suggested from guessing as I could not see name Loki Love. Moses is much to hyper A.K.A. Belgian Malinois he pulls me down and he is going on six months. That is all I need face first in dogs crap Thank you everybody for your wonderful suggestions
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:28 AM

I don't buy into the can't use a leash thing - sorry :/ If you don't start leash training him properly (and he's already 6 months..) you are going to have a really hard time in the future.

What are you doing about leash training? What have you tried?