Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:53 AM
Swift Tribe

Mean Neighbor

some of you know about our issue with the neighbors barking dogs. to refresh about the pertinent part-

we spent 2+ years asking nicely if she woudl work on her dogs barking at us. most of the time she 'couldnt believe her dogs were barking so much', or 'maybe your husband did soemthing threatening to her property' (i was LIVID after that one!!!!!!). eventually i wrote a note and left it tapped to her door handle. 3 mornings later she was waiting at the property line for my husband to walk our dog to go potty. she did a fair bit of yelling then. we stopped walking Mister on that side of the yard (along with all the other stuff we cant do on half of our property cause her dogs harass us). its been since Mothers Day....

we ahve worked really hard on Misters barking, he is only suppose to bark if someone is on our property and has been REALLY good about it!! (GO MISTER!!)

lately here she has been walking out to the mail boxes at odd times. this morning was 8am, last week was every day at 5pm. does Mister remember her? should i keep an eye out for her harassing him? i know his barking training isnt so good that someone shouting at him wouldnt make him bark.

i will be so happy when we are out of this place. this has been one of the most miserable things. this woman is just hateful.

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:14 AM

I can sympathise with you, you are not alone. I have the same problem with a neighbour, only he doesn't have a dog he is the one that is nasty. Other than moving which I won't do I'm putting up a privacy fence.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
Swift Tribe

we, on the other hand, are quite willing to move. i *refuse* to deal with people like that. narcissism is, by nature, unreasonable.

-ashley
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

We had to put up a privacy fence between us and our one neighbour as she was always harrassing our dogs. First Freddie and then Yogi. Poking sticks through the chain link fence at them, barking at them. No reason for it either, neither dog bothered her when she was out in her yard, but she sure hated dogs.

Cindy
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Love my Shi-tzu's

I feel for you, I know what its like, Had a kitty of mine gutted once from a mean neighbor

I Lucky now, My mums on one side of me and a great Animal lovers on the other side, We got a problem we talk and take care of it,

I feel almost blessed especially after reading the difficulties people like yourself are having, Yet troubled for the animals involved, they are the innocent victims oft times in this
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

It's so hard having neighbors who think they are the only ones who should exist, living next to you.

I hope you managed to get a place where you don't have to worry about horrible people like that anymore.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Swift Tribe

we are hoping for a huge raise a work,, a stupidly inexpensive 20 acres to fall on us at JUST the right time. oh yeah and that it percs RIGHT in the middle.

OH yeah... while we are at it, a bunch of rock on half of it so we can make a huge rock wall around it....

-ashley
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
Had a kitty of mine gutted once from a mean neighbor
im a vengeful woman when pushed to those lengths.

-ashley
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM

Ugh, your neighbour sounds like a real douchebag. I had to go through 5 different places until I found the apartment where I live now. It's a "no-pets" building, but there are 34 cats in total because the superintendent is a softie and has two cats of her own. Everyone is really nice and we have a little network going to take care of people's pets when they have to go out of town for internships and stuff. I am NEVER moving until I buy my own place! I had roommates who would let my cat outside, scream at him, lock him in the bathroom, etc. I don't understand how people can be so mean to animals.

I hope you can find a place with decent neighbours! In the meantime I would suggest doing everything within your power to annoy the crap out of her. You know, let your lawn grow out, use a leaf blower in the direction of her property, etc. I'm an a**hole, though.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM

Angry

What is with people? I have 2 mean neighbors but they have pulled in their horns because they know I watching. One lives right behind me and was beating his yellow lab puppy because it peed in his son's room. I told him I would report him if I heard so much as a yelp from that dog. The dog is now grown and seems happy and healthy.
The other one is a sneaky neighbor. He will kick his dog if he thinks no one is looking. He'll kick other people's pets too but he better never let me see him. He knows that too. My dog's leash broke one day and she ran over to him. He reared his leg back and I told him whatever he did to her I would do to him. He hadn't seen me and then pretended to like my do and tried to pet him. But she came to me when I called her.
What a jerk.:sad: