Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Smile They missed us so much!

We just got back from a week in the mountains. My son and his wife took care of our dogs and,wow,did I ever miss them.
We got home yesterday and they were SO glad to see us. It was very touching. Boo seemed the most affected and just shook and cried and wouldn't get off my lap. lol He is NOT little. bonnie "talked" to us with her way of talking. I guess she was telling us off for leaving her.
Boo does not like to get on furniture. It's Bonnie that sleeps beside me at night. But,Boo slept beside me last night,whining a little,like making sure I was really there. I felt so bad. He is the most sensitive of the 2 of them and just loves me half to death. I am his person and he is my baby.
For the life of me,I can not understand why people abuse dogs. They give so much love and comfort and need us so much.
I have 2 sweethearts,that's for sure.
Old October 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Yes pets are wonderful companions! Doesn't it make you feel so loved when they show you they missed you!
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Senior Contributor

That's so sweet that they reacted so emotionally when you got back.

And some people don't think they know anything, or feel anything. I beg to differ. They know a lot! And they feel a lot!
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:36 PM

Smile

What's strange is that I am really the only animal lover in my family. They don't HATE animals. They just don't have pets.
When I was younger,we did have one dog that my Dad beat in front of me. I attacked my Dad to make him stop and it stunned him. He never did that again but it's something I never got over,I think. I have always had a pet dog. Now,I have had 2 for quite awhile. They are SO cute together and they are each others best friend. They play together and sleep together in the same dog bed even tho they both have one.
My husband says I just have a natural understanding of animals. I love all my pets and have always treated them well. But the one dog was all I had growing up.
My Dad grew up on a farm and decided to show us a goose he had bought. While everyone else played,I sat and watched this beautiful goose. Then,my Dad came around the house with an ax. I tried to run when I realized he was going to kill this beautiful animal but he made my Mother make me watch. it was horrifying and I ran and hid for hours. Some people might think this dramatic because a lot of people were raised killing their own meals. But I was a very sensitive little girl and there was no reason to put me through all this.
To this day,I feel like a stranger in my own family in many ways. But my animals help fill that empty space a little bit.
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Senior Contributor

My goodness that's horrible! I'm sorry you were made to watch that.

I remember with I was small, my dad bought some guinea hens at a farm, then preceded to kill them in front of me in the basement. We ate them that night for dinner, but I was so disgusted, that I threw up what I ate. I've never forgotten the sound of those poor animals being killed. Children should not be subjected to things like that, it leaves a scar that never goes away.