Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Amphibians - rabbits - reptiles - rodents - exotics

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM

chinese dwarf hamsters

Hi, I am just wondering if any of you animal lovers have any chinese dwarf hamsters. We have now had three of them and i adore my little boys, we first bought odey and codey in november 2007, odey was white aith a faint brown stripe down his back and codey was brown with a stripe down his back. Sadly when me and my two children were cleaning them out on christmas eve 2008 so they were nice and clean for the hamster santa, codey had some sort of fit and died in my hand, i rang my husband in hysterics and crying my eyes out, so he came all the way from work and with a new chinese dwarf. When i saw the hamster i burst out crying again as it was the same colour as codey and had the exact same markings, so our new boy is now called nibbles and our lovely codey is buried in our back garden with his hamster brothers, womble,hammy and lily who were also our boys our little

In memory of my little baby cassyhoof who is greatly missed my little tinkerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:14 PM

post a picture of your hamsters!! I'm curious to get one!
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Help

I have two chinese dwarf hamsters called Rolo and Noodle. They are both sisters but had to be seperated due to dominence situations. They live here with my mums hamster who is a roborovski called Weeble. I used to have a roborovski called Bumble but she ended up dieing 4 days after her first birthday. At that time i was 13 (now 14) and obviously got torn up having to watch Bumble fit so to try to take my mind off of it a little we got Rolo and Noodle. Bumbles sister Mufty Tufty died last july and as she was my mums hanster we went to puck another for her (now weeble) and they now all happily live together (in seperate cages) and occasionally see each other when we put them in the blue box when getting them out. I was wondering if anyone knows what this problem with my Hamster Noodle could be. On her back in the middle of her shoulder blades she has a kind of fatty lump which when you speexe/feel is about the size of a pea. We took her to the vets and they gave us some anti-biotics but said that they thought it was a tumour. The anti-biotics didn't work but after a while the little lump went away so that made us think that it wasnt. Now it has come back and i dont know what it is. It isnt causing any discomfort to her and shes a happy little hamster but im curious. If you have any information i would be grateful. Thanks xx