Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
banned user

Cool Dog eats poop with cayenne pepper - O.m.g

Moses my dear beloved puppy absoloutely had no reaction to the cayenne pepper that I put down on his poop. All good and then later on it had been an chow fest (no pun intended) He had no upset tummy and did not whine when he pooped this morning honestly. I put allot on it too. Please do not suggest pineapple nor anything from Vet he loves his poop, I always have been vigilante on cleaning up but holy crow I did not expect that to happen.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Are you saying you put cayenne pepper on a poop to keep him from eating it and he ate it, anyway? Oy, he must have a tongue of steal!

As long as you were out there to put pepper on it, why not just pick it up right away? That way he doesn't get a chance to eat it at all! We have a couple of poop eaters here and the only thing we've ever found to prevent it is to pick it up as soon as it's deposited...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Are you saying you put cayenne pepper on a poop to keep him from eating it and he ate it, anyway? Oy, he must have a tongue of steal!

As long as you were out there to put pepper on it, why not just pick it up right away? That way he doesn't get a chance to eat it at all! We have a couple of poop eaters here and the only thing we've ever found to prevent it is to pick it up as soon as it's deposited...
Oy is correct I do pick up you did not read my entire thread oy vay
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
banned user

Cool whoopa

You did not read my entire thread clearly he does
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Senior Contributor

I have a friend that has a parrot and the bird kept biting her finger . So my friend decided to teach her bird a lesson and put some cayenne pepper on her finger boy was my friend shocked when her bird bit her finger harder. Some birds loves cayenne pepper! The bird was the one that taught my friend a lesson. I just found a link that said cayenne pepper can be good for dogs as long as it not too much. So maybe dogs like it too?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin12 View Post
Oy is correct I do pick up you did not read my entire thread oy vay
I reread your post and still don't understand what you're saying.... Where did you put the cayenne pepper?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I reread your post and still don't understand what you're saying.... Where did you put the cayenne pepper?
Right on the poop and allot this reply does not allow me to put an emoticon whoops he does have a tongue and stomach of steal un fringin believable. In anycase this had been suggested leaving out name but from site this person posted url I went to it all good then not. Moses likes cayenne my gosh
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
banned user

Talking egad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
I have a friend that has a parrot and the bird kept biting her finger . So my friend decided to teach her bird a lesson and put some cayenne pepper on her finger boy was my friend shocked when her bird bit her finger harder. Some birds loves cayenne pepper! The bird was the one that taught my friend a lesson. I just found a link that said cayenne pepper can be good for dogs as long as it not too much. So maybe dogs like it too?
This had been given to me from someone on this site who is going to remain annoymous. I was given a URL to go to and cayenne had been suggested apparently Moses has a tongue and stomach made from steal
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
banned user

Wink Hello

Allow me to make this clear as I had been could have not been any clearer before. Moses digs in backyard if it snows I do not see poop hence it becomes a poopsicle. When I do see it I am vigilante in removing it as I did now. His sense of smell what could I say except I tried and he has a cast iron tongue and stomach. I really had been concerned as I totally was scared on the impact the cayenne would do to three areas the last being the business end I thought he would cry but did not. My other concern had been what if what if emergency vet is needed nada happened he is silly but my silly child I have two and I love both immensly thank you all
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
This had been given to me from someone on this site who is going to remain annoymous. I was given a URL to go to and cayenne had been suggested apparently Moses has a tongue and stomach made from steal
Those links are the same info you can find anywhere online - some of those suggestions may work for some dogs, some may not - nothing but cleaning it up worked for mine. Some dogs just really like to eat poop I do have to say, the eating it part is not as gross as when it comes back out (vomit). Maybe you will have to try different things and see what works best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
I just found a link that said cayenne pepper can be good for dogs as long as it not too much. So maybe dogs like it too?
Yes cayenne pepper is good for their brain (I think is the brain) and some do like it, I use it sometimes as an added flavor to my little ones' food. I think they appreciate not eating such blend flavours all the time (well I know I do, all my food is always spicy!).

If I remember on a previous posting you said you will be seeing a behaviorist for Moses? if so, maybe also talk to him/her about it, and they can also give you tips on how to try and fix it, as it could also be a psychological thing, not just a tasty treat

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Right on the poop and allot this reply does not allow me to put an emoticon whoops he does have a tongue and stomach of steal un fringin believable. In anycase this had been suggested leaving out name but from site this person posted url I went to it all good then not. Moses likes cayenne my gosh
I have thought of putting bitter apple spray on some rabbit poop to keep my dog from eating it like candy!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

for now leash him up when you take him out for a poop, he poops, you don't let him eat it and then pick it up.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Senior Contributor

My memory isn't always good but I think we used a product called Thrive D for poop eaters we have had in the past. It's a dietary aid to optimise nutrient absorption and digestion and stabilise the gut environment. If you have multiple dogs and the culprit goes after other dog's poop, then all dogs must be given it. Worked every time for me.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Minmin12 - It would be helpful if you titled your threads in a more descriptive manner. I have edited this thread title as well.

This helps current members remember if they have answered your thread. It helps future members find related information. The thread tittle is key for this.

many thx in advance
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter