Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 1st, 2007, 07:15 PM

Found Kitty in Millbrook, NY

We found a cat around our apt in Millbrook, NY
We think she is a house cat that may have gotten loose as she is declawed and has no collar. She is white, with brown and black patches and is very friendly. Also she is very fluffy. We are keeping her in our apt so that she doesn't get hurt outside due to not having any claws to protect herself. We really hope to find her owners but for now she is safe and being fed and groomed. Please reply if anyone knows where this kitty belongs

Thank you
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Senior Contributor

You might place a similar comment on lost pets pages like Melanie Pugh's site http://www.pet-detective.com or http://catsinthebag.org/ and other similar sites that cater to and assist lost pets and their owners. And you could put up posters (you can make them cheaply on your computer) and email the local rescue groups in the event they find the cat. Some local pounds will euthenize a cat after just a few days so it is critical her owners find her asap. I would think this cat's family must miss her if she is declawed - much as I don't understand anyone wanting to mutilate a cat like that! You might also email your local newspaper - they often have a list of found pets. Local vets may also know who she is - call around and describe her.

I speak from experience - having found a cat a few yrs ago one Halloween night. I created posters with his picture and emailed the SPCA, local vets, the newspapers and web sites and tracked down the family who "owned" the kitty. I hope you have as much success.

Good luck!! I am so happy you are kind enough to take her in - you are her
Old September 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM

I can give you pointers as what to do. Since she is declawed she may also be microchipped. Go to your local vet and have her checked. I would take a picture of her and make a flyer (with your street name, the cat's color, sex, the fact that it is declawed and when you found her etc...) and take it to your local vet, groomers and pet food stores. Here we have bulletin boards in our local food stores. Good luck and let us know what happened.