Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 25th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

What did your babies get for xmas?

Just curious..

Both keely and I did excellent this christmas with gifts. My family bought keely gifts and it all adds up after a while doesnt it?

Keely got:

From Kacee and her owners:

A stuffed soccer ball with rope toys hanging out of it.. (Already has it destuffed and desqueeked)
And a hat and boot set.. And the hat actually stays on her head easily and keely doesnt mind it. (I fear she will get frostbite on her ears)

My aunt gave her a rubber shoe and hotdog that squeak.. (Both are semi chewed up, one is de squeaked)

My cousin gave her an edible, Rawhide card.

My mom gave her a winter coat (Badley needed) and a pack of zukes dog treats and 3 tennis balls.. and two rawhide sticks.

I gave her a pack of freeze dried cheese treats, a battery operated ball that rolls around the floor (ok, so that one may have been selfish, As I bought it for my own amusment, she is SO funny to watch with it.) and a ball that helps clean her teefies and a pink plaid pleather collar (It was originally 10 dollars, but it was on sale for 99 cents!!)

My brothers GF melissa bought her my fav gift.. A purple and white sweater, it fits PERFECTLY and actually covers her to keep her warm on the more mild days.

Just because im excited ill throw in what I got..

I got a Cannon powershot SD780 IS digital elph.. It actually takes decent pictures! So im super excited!

And A Nano croc straightening Iron for my hair. Something I needed, BADLEY.

I'm very excited to hear what your guys got for christmas and what your puppers/kittehs got

Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old December 25th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Merry Christmas! Wow, look at all of Keely's loot!

My gang got some new toys and some treats.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 25th, 2009, 07:42 PM
banned user

Tooo Cute...looks like Keely is smiling with all her loot!!
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Doggie Wench

Keely looks so smug sitting amongst her presents . She's gorgeous and that sweater looks wonderful on her .

Dh forbade me to bring home any more toys but I did manage to smuggle in some new Skinneez, tug ropes, and a Tornado. I gave it to them outdoors during our playtime so dh didn't know....until they dragged them inside, soaking wet . The Tornado is hiding in their toy box until dh goes to bed .
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

Merry Christmas!

My dogs got a squeaky toy, new food bowls, and a new soft-frisbee. They've been trying to steal the squeaky from each other all day, too funny

I got my rats some yogurt treats - something they don't normally get but totally love!
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Keely really does look smug with all her loot! She looks lovely in purple.

LP, what's a Tornado?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, never mind, LP. I googled it and the page finally loaded... It looks like fun!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Mine all got a safe, dry home for Christmas and, thanks to my wonderful kids, enough moolah to feed them for a month!! Exactly what I asked for.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM

Sunshine got a new homemade bed, which she immediately put two large holes in. The cats got a new fleece bed to share(HA!). Our turkey came with the neck inside, and we split it up and let all the animals have some as a special treat.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

Keely was spoiled.
Mine got a kong.jags first one in years and gingers first one.with us any ways as this was her first xmas with us.they also got a bully stick and a wraped salmon skin.
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

The pups got their holiday PB&J collars, but I'm afraid that was all Rupert's scratchies have me stockpiling money in anticipation of a vet visit and we've had to cut back all around this Christmas because of saving for the wedding.

But we'll be seeing their favourite aunt today who I'm sure will have some goodies for all of them
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old December 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Geek Club CEO

Our puppers got a tennis ball, stuffy and nylabone each, and for sharing: rawhides, a kong football and a frisbie.
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM

Keely's always such a cutie - totally deserves to be spoiled

My boys each got a new kong (so they have one each for at home and one each for the cottage). They also got a teaser ball to play with in the backyard (a large 8" ball that has holes in it, and a smaller ball inside). And of course, I made them a fresh batch of their favorite salmon cookies - some for them, and some to pass along to all their friends
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM
You can call me DOG!

New Kong Tennis balls--can't find them now, :sad: Minty fresh chew ropes and the BESTEST toy was for Kitty..... a 5.00 Bee-M Toy.

It's a bumble Bee laser beam toy. When the toy was open and reflected on the wall--she went crazy to catch the beam. So then we reflected the beam on the floor to which Gryphon and Mollie went wild! Gryphon tried to slide into it while Mollie kept trying to bite it with her teeth! It was hysterical

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Senior Contributor

my pins got lots of love, nothing to much else, they fight for new toys, and can get very nasty, so a few treats and lots of love
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Wayward Family Cats Mommy

The grandpuppy, Lola, got a bag of rawhide colored candy canes. She's a tiny thing with a metabolism that keeps her freezing in a 74 degree house so she also got a nice warm little sheepskin (faux) jacket and a bitty hat. My DIL wants to get her little boots but I haven't seen anything like that - her legs are about as big around as pencils so I'm thinking barbie shoes might fit her...

The kitty herd got lots of bows (cloth only and supervised, of course) and wrapping paper to play with - which is their favorite thing ever. They also got a pack of little mice and jingle bell balls to play with but they prefer the paper and bows.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Slave to the Kitties

My furkids all got a new toy, i bought several different mice and balls. Salem managed to lose his skinneezzz skunk somewhere in the house and viola managed to drown her kong mouse with catnip , maybe she was trying to make catnip tea. The rest are working on the destruction of theres as i speak.

Bear 1994-2010 Oggie 1996-2011 Sis 1996-2012
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

The pack here got dehydrated Lamb and Beef fillets, peanut butter with cheese cookies, Carob iced doggy treats and they each got a new Kong, new toothbrushes. Abby got a set of booties, and a Chinese silk reversible jacket. Jersey, got a set of booties (which she promptly destroyed), a Chinese silk reversible jacket and a collar bling.
Kato, got a scarf and toque set. Mac got a baby blue reversible fleece jacket and a new lead.
Kitties got lil chinchilla furballs and organic catnip and new pillowbeds, which Wendellan decided to relieve himself on
LeStat, got an extra mouse (frozen of course) added to his holiday meal, and a new water dish big enough for him to curl up in and bathe himself.

I got scrapbooking stuff , a new robe (which turned out to be the identical one I bought hubby just a few sizes smaller), Lindor chocolate, a pair of jeans and a couple shirts, a bottle of Southern Comfort, two bottles of sparkling wine, (my inlaws must think I'm an alcoholic, buying me all this booze ). And my middle son got me a gift certificate to Michael's craft store. I also got a Faux fur blanket, which I snuggled myself into last night to read my new James Patterson book. My future daughter inlaw got me some really nice Cranberry soap and body lotion...very mild. I was very happy just having the family together and happier still that my inlaws decided to stay for dinner.
We also got a call from my FIL (hubbys real dad), the one that had heart surgery. He called Christmas morning ..from HOME! I couldn't believe it, apparently they let him out Christmas Eve late in the afternoon. He is very weak, couldn't talk long but it was wonderful to hear his voice, and I consider his call the best Christmas present we got this year.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM
owned by Tucker

Tucker got a soft sided Kennel for the cottage up north as he leans up against the log wall and when wet and dirty it will end up damaging the walls so now he has the kennel to hide in at bed time and loves it.. He also got a rope ball thing, a tough duck, one of those long teddy things that is a snow man, a skunk that has no stuffing in, and treats. I've been trying to get him tougher toys as he is hard on the soft stuffed ones he loves pulling out their guts.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:00 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Cool

Our feline, canine, and equine furfriends (although sometimes the 'friend' part seems open to debate ) all received my unswerving servitude, along with the help of poor DH, for the past year...that's the plan for 2010, as well.

p.s. okay, everyone got a treat or two, as well...
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:17 AM

Gizzy and Forest got empty boxes to play with!
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:43 AM

kiila got a ridiculous amount of squeaky stuffed and stuffless toys, lots of bones, dehydrated meat treats, christmas tags, doggie bone photo tree ornaments, and a scarf. her fave toy is her skineeeze penguin and her beanie baby crinkle snowman ♥

aslan got tonnes of toys, dehydrated meat treats, christmas tags, tree ornament, and of course, all the ribbons, bows, and boxes he can get his lil paws on. his fave toy is his stuffed mouse and feather stick ♥
he did get the coolest birdie toy - just a tiny stuffed bird with feathers, that chirps like a real bird when you throw it. i love it! he, on the other hand, is a lil scared of it!

they also got a beautiful handmade bird feeder that they love to watch and drool over
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Senior Contributor

It was Maddox's first Christmas and he was very comical to watch. Julia being old hat showed him how to open gifts.

So Maddox got a bone and so did Julia - but of course Maddox ate hers. Maddox got a harley davidson squeeky toy which he gutted and removed the squeeky within 5 minutes....as he did Julia's new toy. Maddox got a new ball which he doesn't like...and neither does Julia..

The treats were a hit of course and they were eaten within seconds.

So all in all, X-mas was fun.....but I have decided against anymore squeeky toys!