Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old August 18th, 2006, 07:19 PM

I brought Thelma to the barn. Puma can't stay alone there and I didn't want to give up on Louise by bringing back Puma.

The barn owner is leaving food out for Louise but she hasn't returned.
The barn owner saw wild turkeys in the forest, so if wild turkeys are surviving, perhaps Louise will survive as well.

I feel very helpless and this has been almost impossible to accept. It's very hard because she isn't a domestic cat so even if I were to see her, it's not like she would come to me. I wouldn't even be able to trap her. It's up to her to decide if she wants to stay at the barn, around the barn or take off completely.

They are going to call me if Louise shows up. And I will post if they do.

I'm hoping with Thelma there, she may sense her presence and show up.
Old August 19th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's for the update,although I was hoping for better news:sad:but I am glad you managed to get Thelma,it will make Puma feel better I am sure..
These kitties have been outside all their lives,right?? So hopefully Louise has enough smarts to survive and find her way back to the barn
Old August 19th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Boss-lady!

catsnatcher. I know that your heart is breaking. Hopefully Louise will come back into the barn with Thelma there. for all of them.

"You can't have a good day in bad underwear"- Fruit of the Loom ad
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Senior Contributor

How are the cats doing at the barn? Did Louise come back?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM

Aw catsnatcher... You did your best and you can't control what these kitties do or how they will react. If big ol' clumsy Boo can make it on his own for a while, I'm sure a more resourceful street kitty will do ok.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Poodletalk,as always,I was afraid to open the"homeless"post I think many of us have a particular closeness to these 5 cats and reading about Louise is really upsetting.
I believe Cat-Snatcher said she would not be back here unless she had some news and that we have not heard from her,means no good news for Louise:sad:
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Update on the cats

Thelma is hiding behind the hot water heater in the "cat" room but comes venturing out at night to eat. Puma is getting much friendlier and approachable.

They will be confined to the barn until next April.

No sign of Louise. They call for her everyday and the food out for her hasn't been touched. Every second thought I have is of Louise...
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh no C-S,poor little Louise,not the kind of news I wanted to hear:sad:
Maybe,hopefully she has found her way to another house and someone who feeds herthe alernative is too sad to even think about..
I am still glad for Puma and Thelma,it's going to get colder very soon:sad:
Pleas continue to keep us updated
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

I really have a feeling that Louise is around, even if she hasn't been seen. A cat never ventures too far, especially if she doesn't know the area. She probably sees and hears them but remains in hiding...at least that's what I will believe. Are they still cutting down trees and making noice, another reason she won't show herself.
Old September 20th, 2006, 06:53 PM

Update on the homeless 5:

Cpietra and I went to the barn this past weekend in an attempt to lure Louise out. I brought everything a starving feral would risk being caught for, but she didn't come. We waited for 4 hours. Either she's adjusted to her new life or she has passed away. The area is full of critters and rabbits and wild turkey and small birds so we're hoping on the former.

It's been over a month. I'm starting to accept that I can't change what happened. I took it pretty hard because it broke my heart that there was nothing I can do to help her. I had to accept that she had escaped and I could never lure her back, even if she's hurt, even if she's hungry, even if she's unhappy.

I didn't want to open this thread again. It's very hard to think about Louise being without her group.

Puma and Thelma are still inside the barn. Puma is everyone's favorite. She is being petted and picked up and cuddled by the workers there.

Charlie and Tiger are adjusting to a routine at Cpietra's. A few weeks more and they'll finally be lap cats.

At least 4 of them will be safe and warm this winter and now have families of their own.

Good Luck, Louise. I'm so sorry.
Old September 20th, 2006, 07:26 PM
-

I'm so sorry,but maybe Louise has find another barn to live in ? Maybe someone else out there is taking care of her ?
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:31 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry,when I started to read your post,I was hoping Louise had reappeared:sad:
I am hoping you can take some comfort in knowing Tiger and Charlie will be safe and warm this winter,thank you CPietra and Puma and Thelma are hopefully safe where they are
We don't know what happened to Louise,she might still find her way back somehow,maybe even to your house,cats have been know to travel huge distances just to get back home.
I know it's a longshot,but there is always hope
Louise is a survivor
Old September 21st, 2006, 08:32 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

I've been faithfully following this thread ... CDN, I can't believe the amount of love you have had for these 5 homeless and all that you've done for them. There's probably nothing no one can say that will make you feel better but you have to realize you didn't lose one - you re-homed 4 and Louise simply chosed not to be. We have to believe she will continue to use her natural survival instincts You simply are an amazing person along with the many other members who directly helped and/or offered advice. Threads like these just warms the :love:

If I were a stray I could only hope I'd find myself on your doorstep