Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:30 PM

My new kitten.

Hello, someone decided that I'd be the best person to take a little kitten in this apartment where there's no pets allowed. It's all good, I'm moving into a new place in a week where I can love this little adorable guy.

Couple questions about his behavior. At first he was terrified. I've had him for..3 days now. He's sleeping on my chest while I type this lol. He still tries to run and hide under the couch and bed, but when i'm sitting on the couch, he's so calm, but when i'm standing up he's running away. He literally spends most of the whole night under my bed. He wasn't using the litter at first but he's using it all on his own now.

He hasn't been pooing much either. He pooped once, two small nuggets. I can't find any other poops he's might have done. He barely drinks water so i'm encouraging him to drink more. Each day his behavior gets better but I can't help but think he's sick. His nose is always warm and dry, he's sneezing and has gunk coming out of his eyes.

I know i know take him to the vet right? Well the vet is booked until november. My friends dog died because the vet was too booked.

I'm pretty attached to this little guy, and I'm hoping he's not seriously sick. Does he have a small kitty cold? Or is he just scared of his new surroundings?

I'm worried about the little guy.

btw he's approx 3 months old. My batch of kittens at my future roomies house are just a tiny but smaller than he is. He's pretty skinny too.

He was found hiding in a back room of a gas station when robbers accidentally let him in. Nobody had the time or energy to love him <3 but the gas station let me be short on 1 dollar to grab litter and food.