Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) - Transportation

Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM

Home visit needed in Mississauga

Not really in the right place, but I figured this was the best since it's not transport related, but still out-of-town.

Would anyone be available to do a home visit in Mississauga before August 12th? I have a family interested in Gucci, a Husky mix, and the last thing to do is the home visit.

If someone is willing and available, please PM me for the details.

Thanks
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:00 PM
Senior Contributor

You would send someone you just met online to do a home visit???? I am sorry but that is unethical. I have done home visits for Siamese Rescue and another rescue but this was after they knew me for some time.
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:20 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

What rescue are you with?
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM

http://www.sophiesdogadoption.com/

Apparently LilRickyMom has her own homepage under her profile, she's out of Montreal, and states this on the front page:

"Donations are the only source of money that enables me to continue rescuing dogs. Not being part of an actual rescue organization, I am not funded by anyone and do not qualify for donations from companies. "

Last edited by shannon1233A; August 2nd, 2005 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Edited to correct web address
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:48 AM
-

Even though having someone from this forum that one doesn't really know is probably not the best idea. We do have to applaud her for doing something that many of us are just not able to do. If she has a potential home for a dog outside of her area and is unable to do a house check herself, what better place to look for help than here. Do we not offer transportation help for these same dogs from people we do not know.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyB
Even though having someone from this forum that one doesn't really know is probably not the best idea. We do have to applaud her for doing something that many of us are just not able to do. If she has a potential home for a dog outside of her area and is unable to do a house check herself, what better place to look for help than here. Do we not offer transportation help for these same dogs from people we do not know.
I fully agree, and applaud anyone and everyone who does this type of work. I couldn't work in rescue, too emotional. I'd be liable to beat the crap outta anyone who abused an animal I was just answering a question posed by Luba and meant no disrespect in any way or form. As we've seen on the forum though, not everyone who comes here, always does the right thing by their pets. I'm sure this rescue will check out whom ever they use.

Last edited by shannon1233A; August 6th, 2005 at 08:04 AM. Reason: reflect explanation
Closed Thread