Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Amphibians - rabbits - reptiles - rodents - exotics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

Anyone else have iguanas?

I don't have any problems to be solved (right now anyway ) I just wondered if anyone else owned iguanas? I have two green iguanas - Spike (original name, I know) who is about 16 years old and Jaws who is about 14 years old. I posted pix of them on the pictures forum. I bought Spike from a pet store and the people there told me he was 6 months old. I had done some research prior to getting him, but after doing more research I decided that he was probably closer to a year and maybe older when I got him. I bought Jaws from a family who didn't want her anymore. Her jaw is deformed (hence the name), and she was really skinny when I first saw her. The family told me that the jaw deformity didn't interfere with her eating but that she hadn't been getting any bigger. I didn't say anything, but I had already noticed that the food in her cage consisted of a chunk of roast beef, a whole strawberry and something else (I can't remember what). She was just a baby, and I knew that she couldn't have had a very easy time eating that stuff! Her little legs were like toothpicks. She is now a strong and healthy girl. I look forward to talking with any of you that have iguanas (or snakes, love snakes!).