Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:05 PM

re adopting a second dog

I had always had only one dog until a couple years ago when my beloved shepherd died I swore I would never again come home to a dogless home. I then adopted my labx and he is now 2 1/2yo. I fostered and adopted a little dog last year and turns out she had cancer and recently had to be pts, broke my heart. So now I am back to one and thought I should adopt a youngster like him so he would have someone to play with but when I went tonight to meet a 1-2yo dog I realized it was going to be hard to walk both of them I am active and healthy but am over 60 so realistically I don't want to be pulled over. Then someone has a senior dog they are desperate to place but I am not sure I can afford to get into health problems too soon, just spent thousands trying to save my other dog. Perhaps I should stop worrying about getting another dog right away altho there are so many homeless dogs I feel guilty plus I am scared something will happen to Sugar and I won't have a doggy to come to one day anneh