Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:34 PM

Take Your Dog to Work Day: June 24th, 2005

I hadn't heard anything about this, has anybody else? I think it's a pretty cool idea, apparently studies have shown that dogs in the workplace actually increase productivity, but I doubt many employers would be willing to do it. Over 10,000 companies are participating, including Amazon.com and Macy's. Is anybody here bringing their furbabies to work tomorrow?

http://www.petsit.com/dogday
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
Senior Contributor

It's summertime and the college closes down on Fridays to conserve energy so I'm working 4 days a week, 10-hour days. But I am taking him to the vet tomorrow for his Rabies shot!
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

Yes, I heard this too!

I heard it on the radio that it was take your pet to work WEEK! I would love to, but I have 6 and the boss said "Nuh-uh!" Too much hair!!
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
IHeart Marty&Minou's Paws

Man! I always hear about things too late!

question: is it Bring your DOG or Bring your PET? I'm sure Marty and Minou would have just love my desk! hahahah

Also, its St. Jean Baptiste in Quebec on Friday I ain't gonna be at work anyways. . . . darn!!!!
Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:04 PM

Thats cool. But for me everyday is bring your dog to work day. My boss brings her dogs (when she comes) I bring Candi and my coworker brings her chi. But Candi is the only one here regularly. I love being able to bring her, especially because she has SA. It's the reason I love this job so much.

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat
Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
Senior Contributor

I often bring Shadow to work with me (like when day care is closed - she has SA also). Everyone at the office loves her and my boss actually bought himself a lazer pointer so he could play with her when she visits! I try not to do it too often though as I don't want to abuse it. She just sleeps under my desk when she's here though (not that easy since she's an Akita X). It's not actually on my plan for tomorrow, but you never know
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:01 PM
owned by Tucker

I'm sure Tucker would love to come to work with me, I work in a kitchen, food abound. A big no no at my work for me but we use to have an RN that brought her 2 dogs to work, the residents loved it. Tucker is still a little too active for them and I wouldn't be able to watch him.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

I haven't heard anything about this!! Is it a Canadian thing?? I'd love to bring Hazel to work with me (she goes to work with Hubby every day). And since the college is closed on Friday afternoons during the summer, she'd only be here for 4 hours anyway!
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:51 PM

The day is specifically for dogs and it doesn't mention anything about any other pets, but considering its purpose is to celebrate the great companions PETS make and ultimately increase PET adoptions from shelters, humane societies, and rescue groups, I'm sure it's not against bringing your other pets to work and hey, if the dogs are there, why not bring some adorable little kittens too?

On the website, it says it's international, so I'm sure a number of Canadian businesses are involved. I love the idea, it's great for advocating what great pets animals make and animal adoptions, and I'm sure the dogs would love it too. Especially if, like a number of people said, they suffer from SA or if they're kept at home all day, it's a great little outing for them. I guess it's been an annual thing since 1999, so if you heard about it too late this year, there's always another opportunity next year!
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG
Also, its St. Jean Baptiste in Quebec on Friday I ain't gonna be at work anyways. . . . darn!!!!
LOL...
Boss: "Suuuuuure, you can bring your pet. Let's say... Umm... June 24th? Great!"
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:33 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

he he he he he he

I'm lucky!! Everday is take my dogs to work day - only because we own the business! Although, I did work for a tow truck company and they allowed me to bring Copper with me everyday! Actually, he's the one who told me to get a dog!! I was concerned about working to much and not having time for a dog. He told me, if i wanted one to go get it!! The days he couldn't be with me in the truck, he stayed with the bosse's wife! And she respected the rules Copper was to follow. They were great people to work for!!