Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old January 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM

Daniel and the Superdogs

Rated G

I have TMN onDemand, I watch, pretty much, all of the movies that they show weekly on the channels, and I watched this one just the other day.

I was extremely disappointed with the outcome. In case you haven't seen it, I'll give a brief overview.

A young boy loses his mother, the family dog is devastated by the loss, keeps running away from the house to sit on the mother's grave. So, they give the dog away, to their friend who runs a kennel and shelter. The kid starts getting into trouble, normal stuff for boys, I thought, dad doesn't know how to deal with it. Kid does something bad at the kennel and is put to work at it for retribution, he starts to get to know another dog, gets to be buddies, all of a sudden, he wants this dog. The whole time that this stuff is happening, the dog he gave away and who has been given to a new home, has run away and is searching for his former family.
The boys father lets the kid play with the dog and though it's vague as we get closer to the end, it seems he got to keep him and (this part is certain) turned him into a superdog. The former dog finally finds his way back to the kennel where he was abandoned. the boy sees him, the dog tries to prove that he'll try harder to go back to his old self in a heart-warming moment, and that was that, the next scene the new dog is with the boy, the old dog is nowhere in sight.

There was hardly anythig on the superdogs at all, so the name was mis-leading, and if that wasn't disappointing enough they don't even tell you what happened to the first dog, come to think of it, they never really firmly say that the new dog is the boys either.

I can deal with a movie that has sadness and heartache, but there should be some kind of outcome, no? The whole time I was sure that the boy would come to his senses and take the old dog back. I almost wrote to the filmmakers and asked them why they were sending out such an irresponsible message, especially to kids. Disposable dogs.
Old January 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Flyball Mom

LOL love the Borzoi though

My trainer and her dog are in it. The White Standard Poodle that does the high jump.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old March 25th, 2006, 08:34 PM
owned by Tucker

Tucker loves to watch the dogs in this movie. I cried when he let the dogs out and the one gets killed by the car. Stupid brat.