Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old June 28th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Keeper

I just received an e-mail from the organization where Keeper was brought too. They confirmed that he was euthanised today!

Keeper buddy, rest in peace! I wish I took you when I had the chance! This would have never have happened! We tried Keeper to get you out, but the people wouldn't budge about releasing you. You deserved better than this!
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

This makes me so mad. I can't even type on this forum what I am feeling right now.

RIP dear Keeper. :sad:
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:20 PM

This is just so very sad. I just don't know what to say. Keeper's story has brought me to tears many times. I feel horrible that Keeper was never given the chance on the life he so deserved. Such a young life needlessly taken.
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:32 PM

I am furious and sad at the same time. FURIOUS. Do you know what we would have given for our puppy to have been well enough to have gotten into our garden or chewed a hole in our wall??

Keeper, sweetheart... Just for you.. My husband and I are going out tonight when he gets home.. And we're going to chop down two of our favorite hydrangeas in your honor. And next year when they don't bloom and our neighbors ask what happened to them.. we will take that opportunity to tell them about YOU and maybe just maybe someone will listen... and in your honor maybe someone will think twice about throwing another little life away.

All the way down here on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico - you will be remembered and honored and your story will be told. I promise you. Rest in peace, baby. You won't be forgotten.
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:16 PM

You're in our thoughts Keeper. You didn't ask to be brought into this world, and you certainly didn't ask for the a**holes that adopted you to be so cruel. Your life was worth more than some stinkin' hydrangeas or a little hole in the wall that could be patched up!

Poodletalk, what did you mean when you said:
Quote:
We tried Keeper to get you out, but the people wouldn't budge about releasing you.
?

The Ottawa SPCA, who supposedly "assured" the adoptive mom that he wouldn't be euthanized, wouldn't adopt him out???? I hope that's not the case!

Keeper, your story will be told here in Calgary aswell. If only you knew how much the people on this site cared about you, but no one gave us the chance to save you! Rest in peace little Keeper.
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Coopers mom

I really can't beleive that!!! the referance to the flowers helped me remember the baby we were so angry about the other day, (not mad at him).
I and others offered to try to help find a home

RIP
Keeper now you can be the puppy that you weren't aloud to be...

Cooper ate new my shoe yesterday..... and he's staying right here with his family... but I will look at that shoe and think of Keeper.

Last edited by angie79; June 28th, 2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Performance Spaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeler's rock!
You're in our thoughts Keeper. You didn't ask to be brought into this world, and you certainly didn't ask for the a**holes that adopted you to be so cruel. Your life was worth more than some stinkin' hydrangeas or a little hole in the wall that could be patched up!

Poodletalk, what did you mean when you said: ?

The Ottawa SPCA, who supposedly "assured" the adoptive mom that he wouldn't be euthanized, wouldn't adopt him out???? I hope that's not the case!

Keeper, your story will be told here in Calgary aswell. If only you knew how much the people on this site cared about you, but no one gave us the chance to save you! Rest in peace little Keeper.
The OHS failed to mention that the dog has to pass a medical and temperment test. Without passign both they won't adopt out a dog. They I guess didn't mention that to the owner who surrendered Keeper. Couldn't pass the temperment test, on 2 occassions, so no one could pull him....

The surrender signed a full release too.. so..

I'm so sorry Keeper.. I'm in tears over this too

Last edited by mafiaprincess; June 28th, 2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old June 28th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Senior Contributor

I dont believe that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeler's rock!
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Coopers mom

I'm thinking I really missed something I reread the posts about Keeper and I did not see anything about the children's safety being threatened. I saw that thier toys were chewed. and I didn't see anything posted until today that keeper was agressive (besides to walls and plants)

Is there another thread were these issues were addressed?
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM

The worst part about all of this is....... this owner will probably go out and pick up another byb or puppymill puppy to 'raise with the kids'. It's a vicious circle and until she gets educated won't be broken.
I'm sorry Keeper and all the others that may follow

Is it really too much to ask that people crate train??? I think that would have been a very good start for this puppy... I guess we'll never know now
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Rottie owner and lover

Just to let you know, NO she will not be taking in anymore dogs, she is still distraught over this.
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Rottielover,not to sound cruel,but I am glad she is at least distraught..many people here,including me,have had sleepless nights and cried a million tears for a dog we had not even met :sad:
It's over now,Keepers life is forever stilled and I hope we'll never have to read about this kind of injustice again. RIP Keeper :love:
Old June 29th, 2005, 12:37 PM
banned user

Quote:
Is there another thread were these issues were addressed?
Yes, but the thread was pulled.