Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:48 AM
banned user

My rant for the day :(

We took Yukon to the rescue place where we took our cats to be fixed because they are also a shot clinic. When I gave the woman my name she asked me if I was the same Alicia that brought in the 4 cats, and because we have 4 cats that we took to be fixed there I said yes. She started getting very short with me and then just blurted out "well, only one is alive" I just kept saying WHAT?! I was trying to tell her that all of my cats are safe at home and I didn't know what 'Alicia with 4 cats' she was talking about. She was pretty much yelling at me saying that one had a disease and died a week after it was brought in and two died of broken hearts.
After the woman left the room, another woman working with her said that about a month ago, someone named Alicia brought in her 4 cats she's had since they were babies, they were all over 13 yrs old. She just decided she didn't want them anymore and she didn't even check up on them.
She made me feel so guilty and it wasn't even me.... She didn't even say sorry for the mix up, nothin.
I know her work must be hard, it's understandable.... but I'm just wondering what all the other people in the room must have thought about me that didn't hear the part about the mix up. I felt like a monster :sad:
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:08 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

That is just plain rude!! I would have insisted on an apology from that lady and her boss! She is supposed to be a professional so she should act like one!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Senior Contributor

No excuse for this jerk. If she'd apologized (profusely, I might add), that'd be one thing. But this person's boss and whoever else above her needs to know about this. That is wrong, and I'm sorry you went through that.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
Senior Contributor

We're the ones that count and we all know better!

Now, don't get mad; get even!
Contact someone in charge and make a complaint!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:20 AM
banned user

How upsetting, but you know, on the flip side....she was so upset because she is cares. That's a good thing right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass
We're the ones that count and we all know better!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy
How upsetting, but you know, on the flip side....she was so upset because she is cares. That's a good thing right?
I agree with that part, but once it was realized that Sneaky was the wrong person, there should have been an apology. I can forgive mistakes, but I have a problem with ignorance.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Senior Contributor

No one (expect the Alicia that dropped off those cats) should be treated like that. She had no right to jump down your throat like that and not apologize. Mind you - she very well might have been embarassed for her mistake and reaction...

You KNOW that you're not that person . I'd just be thankful that there are still people that are compassionate about their jobs. But it is a kick in the gut when people are just not smart about their actions...
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

If you were the person who dumped 4 elderly cats, then went and got a dog, I would understand this person not only tearing you a new one, but physically attacking you. Personally, I would do it myself.

BUT she should have made sure first! She could have easily asked you just a few questions (quietly) and would have known you were not this person. And she certainly owed you an apology for publicly humiliating you for no reason!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
banned user

Quote:
If you were the person who dumped 4 elderly cats, then went and got a dog, I would understand this person not only tearing you a new one, but physically attacking you. Personally, I would do it myself.
I totally understand why she was mad. When I said yes to her question about me bringing in the cats I had a huge smile on my face, I maybe thought she remembered my kitties and I was kind of proud for a split second.
I did expect an apology, but I guess she could've had a bad day. Even when she came back in the room, knowing I wasn't the person she spoke of, she was still very short with me... I don't know, I guess I expect too much.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:04 PM

Sneaky, don't let it bother you, people have short fuses & there's nothing we can do about it.

I agree with Lucky, I would have attacked this person, but she should have apologized when she realized her mistake. I would be embarassed to if I had jumped to that conclusion, only to find out I was wrong.

What a way to start your year though.....Go home & play with your kids, lots of fuzzy kisses will make everything better, you'll see!!
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky2006
Even when she came back in the room, knowing I wasn't the person she spoke of, she was still very short with me... I don't know, I guess I expect too much.
No, you don't. I'm sorry, but this person is a jerk. I'd be writing a note to her boss about it. That's garbage that she would still continue to treat you that way after she realized her error. But then, I tend to be a letter writer. My job is customer service, and I have low tolerance for crappy service.
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:01 AM
banned user

Thanks everyone, you guys are great!
No, it wasn't a good start of my year but I have lots of time to make it a great one!
And Schwinn, I don't stand for crappy service either and normally I would've said something right then and there... I was just caught so off guard. I don't normally complain after the fact but I think I might, maybe then it would stop her from doing this to someone else.
Thanks for your replies! :love: