Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old June 28th, 2005, 12:10 PM

Question new pitt owner here.. Hi all :)

Hi Everyone!

I'm a mommy to a 3 1/2 year old mixed pitt and we just purchased a new puppy last night (we'll be bringing him home in a week or two). We will now be the proud owner of two male pitts and I'm looking for any advice, etc. that is out there. I know this breed gets a really bad rep but we absolutely adore our Austin. He's the sweetest dog I've ever encountered and everyone he comes in contact with falls in love (once they get past the stigma associated with this breed). I'm nervous about bringing another male into our home and want to make sure that we do it right. Please let me know any advice you have!

Thanks,
Christine
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Contributor

HI and welcome Christine! I have a pit bull too - a 5 year old female blue fawn named Chloe. Looking to foreward to pics of your babies.

If you want two males of this breed, you must be prepared to possibly have to separate them 24/7 for LIFE once the puppy matures, or even before.

You must never leave them alone together - not even to run to the store for 10 minutes or you may come home to a dead, dying, or seriously injured dog(s).

Make sure they are both neutered, although that may only help a little bit.
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:28 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Welcome Christine! I too own a male Pit Bull, 4 years old named Copper :love: . I also just got a puppy - female, 6 months old named Zoe. Copper is neutered and Zoe is going in July 6th to be spayed.

Copper is a sweet, loving boy - he's my pride and joy. Zoe on the other hand is absolutely adorable, looks like an angel, but has the in her at times!

Let me tell you from MY experience..................my 2 dogs are sooooo different from each other!! Zoe is totally the opposite of Copper when he was a wee pup! So be prepared!! LOL

Did you have a choice of a male or female pup? Just be sure to have them neutered or your problems could be huge!

Please post some pics!!!!!

Last edited by Copper'sMom; June 28th, 2005 at 03:30 PM.