Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:44 PM
-

SOS ! Martin the li'l grey cat

Martin is in need of a foster home or permanent home asap. Here's a few words from his rescuer :

Martin was thrown out of some house a year an a half ago and discarded to the busy streets on Montreal on a cold January morning no less.

He found shelter under my balcony where he spent the winter months. He is so friendly that he waits in the bushes for us to come home and meows trying to follow us inside. Even when we walk the dog, we have to open the door carefully to make sure he isn't sitting on our doorstep because he's not afraid of approaching us while we're trying ot hold back a psycho doberman.

He recently fathered a couple of kittens which he defends against other strays and we would find him all scratched up every morning by our door.

We finally decided that this poor cat has done his time outdoors and took him to the vet in hopes of finding him a happy little family where he could spend the rest of his days.

After two week at the vet, he is FIV positive but the virus is inactive which means he is healthy and could remain just a carrier for the rest of his life without getting sick.

But this makes him very hard to adopt out. We can't put him back out in the street, because 1. he is a family cat and very obviously in need of human love; 2. Will be the sole cat defending a huge area; 3. He was an indoor cat and not a good hunter. 4. He is sleeping under cars on a busy street watching people come and go which is freaking me out!

Other than that he is perfectly healthy, perfectly friendly and about 2 or 3 years old. Perfect teeth. It's very hard to take a picture of him because everytime oy make eye contact with Martin, he starts to roll around and rubbing against the cage.

He needs a foster home. If not a permanent home. I have no where to place him. I don't want to put him back out in the streets but have no choice. I have no place to put him. I would have taken him in with my 3 cats since he is friendly and my cats are healthy and the chances of something going wrong are very slim to none but my doberman will attack him.

I've gotten 3 of the 4 kittens he's fathered fix/ vaccinated/ adopted. I stil have to catch the last one. (The mother, LOLA, is also at the vet fixed and vaccinated. )

I was gonna release them today but will board them until friday in desperate hope of finding him a good spot forever or for foster. ANYTHING....ANYTHING will do.

Pet's Name: Martin
Species: Cat
Breed: domestic shorthair
Personality/Biography: Super friendly, people person, not afraid of dogs
Speutered: yes
Special Needs or Requirements: FIV positive
Reason for Being Adpoted out: has no human representative. Needs a family
Services included in Adoption Fee: He is fixed, vaccinated and currently being boarded at the vet since August 8.

Please pm me if you can help Martin in any way. Thanks.
Attached Images