Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 30th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Unhappy More bad news for Pit Bulls

Careful if you are watching an animal for a friend as this man did, I don't know how well he knew these dogs but.....I'm sure he won't be doing the favour again anytime soon

More bad news for pits
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:33 AM

Oh my God! That is horrible! I can't believe that happened....makes you wonder why....
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:54 AM

THAT STORY WAS HORRIBLE, poor man. Whodathought! The papers said he was over 6 feet, 200 lbs and had one of the dogs in a choke hold while the small one watched; and after one of the the dogs was 'mortally' shot, he of them crawled towards the man to attack again. You wonder just how well did he know the dogs ...if he did at all?
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debanneball
THAT STORY WAS HORRIBLE, poor man. Whodathought! The papers said he was over 6 feet, 200 lbs and had one of the dogs in a choke hold while the small one watched; and after one of the the dogs was 'mortally' shot, he of them crawled towards the man to attack again. You wonder just how well did he know the dogs ...if he did at all?
When I read about this (it said spectactors say the man on top of the dog but it looked to be playful - then the attack begain) my question was... what was this man doing? was he beating the dog - was that why they attacked - or was he trying to save himself after the started attacking?

It also talked about a man that was walking his shepard that cam to help - he tied his dog and went to the mans aid, but was not able to get the dogs off him... he was walking back to let his dog go after the pits when teh police arrived?????? What was he thinking? His poor dog would have been killed - thank god the police arrived when they did.
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:03 PM

WHAT WAS HE THINKING??? He surely would have lost his dog too.
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
It also talked about a man that was walking his shepard that cam to help - he tied his dog and went to the mans aid, but was not able to get the dogs off him... he was walking back to let his dog go after the pits when teh police arrived?????? What was he thinking? His poor dog would have been killed - thank god the police arrived when they did.
That would have been the most stupidest thing he could have done. That guy must have been nuts. To let his dog go could have meant that his dog could have started attacking to, or have been killed.
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Yet another pit bull attack in Windsor Today.. A mail Woman was attacked by a pit bull, the only way to get the animal off of her was to shoot the dog..

This is getting kinda scary... I was in my home today and I have a GSD, he was mis behaving ( good thing ) because I put him in his cage and locked it, when I sat down ( I had my front door open and only the screen door opened ) Looking at me on my porch was a BIG white dog... which Kuma saw and went crazy, It's a good thing that he was in his cage, because GSD's are known to go through glass windows to protect.

It's all about ownership...
Old August 31st, 2004, 12:12 PM

I read that story, and the one thing that stuck out more than any other detail was the nature of the owner of the dogs, (whose identity isn't being revealed).

First of all, this man's name should be revealed just like names of any other criminal found with a weapon. He was described to be "unfriendly". It only makes me believe the dogs were mistreated. No properly trained/loved dog would behave this way unless it had other issues.

I just hate how yet again, the headline reads "PIT BULL ATTACK", when instead it should read "ANOTHER CRIMINAL ABUSES ANIMALS AND TREATS THEM LIKE WEAPONS!"
Old August 31st, 2004, 12:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I heard on the news too that they are unable to locate the owner of these dogs...and that they dogs were not vaccinated... it only appears to be another case of irresponsible ownership.
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

While it is just another case of irresponsible ownership, for this to happen in a city that is already ramped up to pass a BSL ordinance is tragic.

EVERY SINGLE DOG IN THE WORLD needs to have some obedience training and to have basic medical care, such as vaccinations. When will people understand that?

And why am I finding this so frustrating today?
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott
EVERY SINGLE DOG IN THE WORLD needs to have some obedience training and to have basic medical care, such as vaccinations. When will people understand that?
I ABSOLUTELY 100% agree!! I get so frustrated just thinking about it! It seems like such a simple concept, but hey, what do I know!!

It is very tragic and these things should never happen - regardless of breed.