Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:56 AM

Angry Some people....

Urgh! Why can't people shut their mouths when they have NO CLUE what they're talking about??

Hubby was walking the dogs by the pond, and Red started to take a poop on the grassy area. Before she was even finished, or Carlos could get out a bag, this guy doing yardwork in his backyard says, "I hope you're gonna pick that up." Carlos whips out the bag and tells him that he has a bag, so he's obviously prepared to pick it up. Then the guy says, "Good because you haven't been doing it lately." WHAT?? Carlos just looked at him and said, "Excuse me? Buddy, I have 3 dogs. I can't afford not to pick up their crap! I always pick it up!" The guy just shut up and ignored him. I hate that!! Carlos not only picks up our dog's crap, he picks up other people's dog's crap so neighbours don't complain! On his way home after that, this young girl walking a chocolate lab didn't pick up her dog's crap after it was finished! She just kept walking!!! It makes me so angry when people assume that just because we have 3 dogs, we must be the ones leaving s*it all over the place. How RUDE!!!

Sorry, just had to vent.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

lol

I hear ya. We had a lady living on the next street with 3 little shihtzu's. She lived in a 2 dog restricted area. She would walk two, go back home, wait 20 minutes and then come out with the 3rd in a different coat. Like no one knew. She never cleaned up after her dogs and it drove me nuts. So one day I waited for her to do the return trip, walked over to where she was, handed her a bag and suggested she pick this one's poop up and the other two poops over there. She was rude and said "no one else does, why should I?" I politely explained that if she wished to still have three dogs she would start picking up or sadly her number would be reduced to two. Mean maybe, but it worked. She cleaned up after them everytime after that. I got tired of being blamed for other poops I had no control over. Sad one has to end up that way when owning dogs.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:14 PM

It is unfortunate how a few ruin it for others! My parents had a neighbour who would always walk her two dogs by their house. She would always let them run onto our front lawn and do their business! One day I caught her and asked her politely not to let her dogs onto our front lawn (it is fenced, but the dogs would get through the slats) as we don't appreciate having to clean up other people's dogs' poop. She wasn't too happy but I never saw her dog's on my parent's property again and there was no more dog poop there either. Our dogs always did it in the back where no other dogs can get in.

These same neighbour would walk their dogs in the laneway and would allow their dogs to poop in front of other people's garages and would never pick it up! My mom let her husband have it when she caught them one day.

We always pick up after our dogs and expect others to do the same. It is not fair how the people who do clean up get blamed for those who don't!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM

Over here they DON'T shut up. Seriously, we pick up OTHER people's dog crap so we don't get in trouble. They come out screaming and I scream back and then one time an old man almost hit my dog.

A lady at our park's dog peed on a guys lawn and he said, "Well? Where's your bag?" SO many dog haters here.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:33 PM

Yup, people who don't clean up after their dogs, and other people who generalize about all dog owners being irresponsible - ad that to the "pet peeves" thread!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
A lady at our park's dog peed on a guys lawn and he said, "Well? Where's your bag?" SO many dog haters here.
I'm sorry, that's almost comical! "Where's your bag?"?? What's she supposed to do - absorb the pee out of his lawn like a wine stain on carpet???
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
banned user

It is pretty funny for a dog owner

I used to HATE the brown spots caused by dog urines on my beautiful front lawn too when I didn't have my dog, but little Diego changed all that.

When I walk my dog, I try to let him pee on city properties only.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:31 PM
Senior Contributor

I'd just mention that if he's going to be a jerk, he should pay more attention.

And I have to be honest, the pee thing kind of irritates me. We had a guy who would walk by our house, and he would let his dog run up and pee in front of our window. I couldn't figure out why the grass wasn't growing until Cheryl told me she had a chat with him. They used to also "crate" thier dog in thier van. (At least, I'm assuming that's what they were doing, when it would be in the van by itself all the time. It was too young to drive)
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM

Sorry, you're right, I should have specified...

The dog peeing on his lawn is not funny. Him getting mad about it isn't really that funny - it's his lawn, after all. It's that he expects her to clean it up with a bag - yeah, that'll be effective!
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Actually when we had Timber he never once pooped on his walks only in the backyard. I eventually stopped carrying the bags after a year. There was a lady that used to give me siht because my german shephard was pooping all over town. Tried to tell her that maybe she had my dog mixed up with someone elses. but of course she wouldn' t listen
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Senior Contributor

wow what a world. some ppl are so rude, and dont have any idea how to mind their own bees wax.

well where we are there is alot of space and not many dogs, so no i dont pick it up and am proud to say so (not in pubilc waqlking areas or child areas), i feel that the impact of cars and general human activities is horrendously destructive, i cant see what a bit of dog poo does but add fertalizer to the paddock she does it in, and hell its pretty natural stuff compared to the human variety .

and if i do pick it up in the yard, i use only my hands (round here its called indian poo picking). buggered if im using a plastic bag, but i can see why on the street, have you considered paper bags, obvoiusly not good for long distance but jsut a pick up may be a idea.

charlie was once peeing on the side of a road, a car drove past and yelled 'hope you pick that up you b@#$%' i know i was pretty disgusted.

so i yell back 'hey ugly, how bout you come here and do it yourself,' they sorta breaked for a bit then decided to go on, i would have loved to see what happened. poor dogs cant pee anymore, boy poor buggers. what is a dogs life coming to