Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Senior Contributor

What registry is the American Blue Nosed Pitbull registered with?

My suggestion would be to neuter the dog. I have never heard of a non-titled dog selling for $3,500 American or Canadian dollars. And royalties are something you get from t.v. shows and songs that are recorded. Not dogs. I have not heard of the owner of the stud dog making money per pup either.

If momma wants a brand new bag, may I suggest a second job?
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Senior Contributor

And what is this bloodline of high standard?

There is no pit bull in the world worth 3500$, even if he has a purple nose. Who told you they would pay that? Was it someone sending an email to you from Camaroon?

Whoever sold you this dog saw you coming and must be laughing all the way to the bank.

No need to wonder why this breed is in so much trouble.
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:01 AM

suggestions for my one ball wonder

Hello Again,

I'm still concerned with my dog Fonzie. He is now 10 months & his other testicle still has not dropped. The main reason I ended up with Fonzie was to breed him. It was suggested in an earlier post that I have him neutered but I would like to weigh out my options. His blood line is of high standard and I would receive a minimum of $3500.00 US dollars + royalties on every pup everytime I decide to breed him out. So u can understand my concern. I would like to know where would be the cheapest place in Toronto to possibly have him X-Rayed or have an ultrasound done to see if he even has another testicle. Secondly, there is a procedure that can be performed to bring his other testi down. I don't think this is a common procedure and I would not know where to begin to search for a vet who performs this type of surgery. Can anybody out there help me? My $$$ situation right now is tight. Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

My Fonzie means the world to me!!! If he can buy mama a brand new bag great! If I have to neuter him to safe his life so be it!!! Either way he is my handsome prince 4-ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Maddiva
Fonzie (10 months - american blue nose pitpull)
Roxy (11/2 yr. old lhasa/shi/poo mix)
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:28 AM

I was looking for positive reinforcement. Wow!!! u guys are mean!!!! If u don't have a solution to my problem then don't reply. I will include a link so u can see for urselves what I'm talking about. My dog is from california not Canada. I'm extremely insulted from ur replies!!! I thought this site friendly....
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:59 AM
banned user

Is there something in the air this time of year? Why is everyone and their brother looking for some stud or bitch to breed with their dog?
You already said that it was suggested to have him neutered, I'm pretty sure no ones answer has changed.
Reputable breeders are not in it for the money. Don't rely on his poor little body to pay your bills.
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiva
Hello Again,

I'm still concerned with my dog Fonzie. He is now 10 months & his other testicle still has not dropped. The main reason I ended up with Fonzie was to breed him. It was suggested in an earlier post that I have him neutered but I would like to weigh out my options. His blood line is of high standard and I would receive a minimum of $3500.00 US dollars + royalties on every pup everytime I decide to breed him out. So u can understand my concern. I would like to know where would be the cheapest place in Toronto to possibly have him X-Rayed or have an ultrasound done to see if he even has another testicle. Secondly, there is a procedure that can be performed to bring his other testi down. I don't think this is a common procedure and I would not know where to begin to search for a vet who performs this type of surgery. Can anybody out there help me? My $$$ situation right now is tight. Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

My Fonzie means the world to me!!! If he can buy mama a brand new bag great! If I have to neuter him to safe his life so be it!!! Either way he is my handsome prince 4-ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Maddiva

Cryptorchids, (retained testicle) happen because of bad breeding and bad blood lines...

Both testicles need to be removed.
Why would you want to breed a dog of such poor quality?
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

And how much did you pay for him?

Good Bloodlines eh.What are the pedigrees?Are they Champions?Titled?Are both sire and dam of Fonzie Champion or titled?Have they been tested for health and genetics?Something tells me not.There is NO way you are going to get $3500 a pup.

The ONLY option is to neuter him.

Are you going to show or title him?No...You want to use him as a money maker.Something NO licenced responsible breeder would do.

There are enough Pits being put to death in shelters.You don't need to bring more into this world.
Old December 14th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
If I have to neuter him to safe his life so be it!!!
Good, then that's what you need to do.

Yes I am very mean when I hear about the constant exploitation and abuse of the breed I love.

I have a beautiful blue fawn "blue nosed" pit bull. She is spayed, even though I could have made a few bucks off breeding her. I didn't get her to support me and pay my bills. I care about this breed and sure don't want to add anymore of them to a world that wants to see them dead.

If you care anything about your dog, you'll agree. I'm sorry you got ripped off, but unless you want your dog to get cancer, or pass on his defect to future dogs, you'll have him neutered.
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

I have to say if you had this offer over the internet and they will send you a cheque and you cash it and even when you wait until it clears, it will clear they will send you a cheque for more than the agreed upon price and then ask you to send back the difference they dont want the dog they want your money because after you think the cheque cleared you send them back the difference and then you will hear from your bank about the fraudulent cheque and they will debit your account. So now you have bred your dog, nobody wants the dog, and you are out a whack of cash. Sorry but Pits do not sell for 3500.00
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 14th, 2004, 08:19 PM

I don't mean to overly-imply something...... but A LOT of "championship" gametested (yes fought dogs) do go for that kind of money. Also on some of the fight websites I have been trying to shut down they talk about royalties. Fight dogs can win money for their dogmen (owners/handlers), and depending on their lines some of that money is owed back to the kennels they were bred from. California is also one of the premier sites for "gametested" pitbull kennels. I hope I hope I hope my imagination is just getting the best of me
Old December 14th, 2004, 08:23 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiva
Hello Again,

I'm still concerned with my dog Fonzie. He is now 10 months & his other testicle still has not dropped.

If he can buy mama a brand new bag great!

Thanks
Maddiva
i dont know about dogs but in horses if a stud colt doesnt dropped both he HAS to be gelded,theres no way to breed him,no matter how good his blood lines.and also you shouldnt be breeding any animal to make money you should do it cuz you love and want to help perserve the breed,which also means maken sure your not breeding two dogs together that really shouldnt be bred,checking bloodlines of both dogs,and vetting them both,i think its great that you love your dog but from what i know about that problem in horses he probly should be neutered.sorry but thats my personal oppinion.

jen & blue(my acd)
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:59 PM
banned user

same thing in horses

i think its the same with horses cryptorchids.and he should be neutered, you shouldnt try breeding him.i have to agree with everyone here thats the best idea,and the safest.and if it is the same as with horses you cant breed them ive known people who had a stud colt not drop and they had to geld him,there was no way to breed him.sorry but thats prolly the best choice for your dog and as for buying mama a new bag!!i cant believe you said that you should never breed any animal for money like acdlover already said.
Old December 16th, 2004, 01:05 AM

Angry

Let me start from the beginning. I got terribly sick with depression, anxiety & panic attacks due to mishaps in my life and my precious dog of 17 yrs dying. I've been off work for a over a year & have been struggling with many things ever since. One of my so called friends shows up on my door step with a beautiful blue nose pit. Well, to make a long story short.....my friend made himself very comfortable in my house and the next thing u know we have 2 pits and my little Roxy(lhasa/shi/poo). He then convinces his friends to get other blue nose pits from various breeders and then convinces me to get Fonzie so that we could form a kennel. At that time in my life I didn't know if I was coming or going...but I knew that I always told myself I would never buy or own a pure bred dog or get into breeding for that matter. I was so depressed at times, that now that I think back....it was the dogs that got me out of bed and probably one of the main reasons I'm still sitting here today. Things have gone so horribly for me over the past year that the only thing I had to look forward to was possibly breeding Fonzie to only select females and trying to move forward and getting my life and financial situation a little more leveled.
My comments were trying to make light of a situation and I was only asking if there was hope for my Fonz. My Fonzie means the world to me. I can't imagine living without him.

Who runs this website anyways? Some of u moderators need a time out.

The question I had was to a vet. Who out of the people that responded to me is a vet? I'm quite upset by most of ur responses. You people don't know me or know anything about where my precious Fonz comes from or how much he is worth. Like I said before, if he can great if he can't fine!!! He's still the love of my life!!!!!!

I don't know if I will come back to pets.ca. Because I'd really like to curse & swear and use the F word at some of u people.

That's it!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Somehow, I get the feeling Toronto is going to see an explosion of poorly bred PBT's in the future.
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:32 AM
banned user

I'm sorry for what you've gone through but it's still no reason to want to breed your dog.
No we're not vets here, but most have seen first hand the results of bad breeding and want the very best for every animal and that would mean neutering you dog too no matter how depressed you were, how money hungry or needy you are. You'll still get the same response.
The name of this forum is Pet health - Ask the members * If your pet is vomiting, bleeding, has diarrhea etc. seek vet care. No one is claiming to be a vet.
Quote:
The question I had was to a vet. Who out of the people that responded to me is a vet? I'm quite upset by most of ur responses.
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Yes, our animals help us to feel better when we're down, delight us, comfort us and just generally improve the quality of our lives. But hiring your one-balled dog out as a breeder to solve your problems - even though it won't - is outrageous. He cannot save you, he can only accompany you on your journey. Get him fixed, and find other solutions for yourself.
Old December 16th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Senior Contributor

You previously asked about having your dog neutered. You were answered very nicely and told that yes - you should have him neutered.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7374

Now you are back, saying you want to breed him so he can make you some money, even though he is not fit for breeding. What did you expect?

WE have ALL gone through terrible times I'm sure, but breeding badly bred and unhealth tested/untitled dogs is not the cure for depression.

Backyard breeding pit bulls in Ontario is not what anyone would recommend and no one who cares the least bit about pit bulls would even think of doing this. You want more pit bulls, then rescue some who are going to die just for being pit bulls.

Quote:
His blood line is of high standard and I would receive a minimum of $3500.00 US dollars + royalties on every pup everytime I decide to breed him out
What blood line is this? Who on earth told you this 3500$/pup? What do you mean by "royalties"? Who told you that a dog with one descended testicle is worthy of breeding? What titles does your dog have? What testing has he had?

Even if he has the best bloodlines in the world, he should not be bred. There are too many pit bulls in ON and they are being banned, as I'm sure you must have heard.

Oh, and I'll try to be not so "ignorant" concerning "American Blue Nose Pit Bulls" in the future.
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Senior Contributor

You asked us if there is hope for your Fonzie,and we answered you.And now you seem ticked with us?

So where did Fonzie come from?What is the kennel name?What are his Pedigrees?Are they Champions or titled?If so what are they?

Some of these questions where asked but you never answered them.Why not?

If you have been off work,how did you manage paying for him?

Have you not heard about the bad?do you no realize that these pups will probably be the first to be put down?Gee there goes your $3500 and royalties.If you are a dog lover,and love your Fonzie,then please do what's best for him and have him neutered.

I was born and raised in T.O for 37 years,and I'm telling you,there is enough Pits there.You don't need to bring more into the world.

Question,do know at all at what age dogs are to be bred?

Just curious if you know.
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:50 AM

I would think that if you truely love your dog, you'll do what's right for him. The right thing to do for him is neutering as the risk of this dog getting cancer from his testicle problem is quite high. If you choose to breed this dog, against the advice of the VERY well informed members here, then you are doing so only for profit, not for the love of the breed, or for the love of your own precious pup.

Don't follow the ill-advice of your "friend", whose obviously looking for some cash to go his way. The members here are looking out for the well being of your dog and your state of health. Look out for #1 and #2 - you and your dog!

Good luck.