Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM

Talking welcome to my introduction

I just wanted to introduce myself. I found this BB forum today while looking around the internet and as an avid animal lover decided to join and use you all for information

My name is Katherine and I live in Nova Scotia. I am 23 this fall and am finished school. I work at a call center and spend my free time at the racetrack in town helping friends with their race horses.

I am currently owned by two furbutts. Itty Bitty Orange Kitty is my year old orange tabby female. I got Itty when she was 2 weeks old. Her mother was part of a semiferal pack of cats and Itty was the runt. I hand raised her. At 3 weeks her eyes opened and at 6 weeks she learned how to walk. She is more like a dog than a cat and gets into everything. She is now at a year not so itty bitty, but she is my sweetie.

The other furbutt is Monty. He is a long haired grey based tabby who will be one in October. I stole him from a stable who had a litter of kittens. He was very shy when I first got him, but has settled in well with me. He still hides with strangers, but is getting better.

Over the years I have had dogs, cats, rodents, horses, goats, etc. but now out on my own I just have the two cats and am in the process of selling my horse. I am currently looking for an apartment that will allow me to rescue a dog. I would love an Am Staff or cross as I love their look and temperment, but it boils down really to which one needs the home when I go to a shelter/SPCA.

Well, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am sure I will learn lots here.