Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old July 28th, 2006, 02:46 PM

The Halti doesn't work, he can rip if off him in a matter of seconds, so I'm going to return it and try something else.
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
-

Check this website out:

www. newtrix.ca

But it's also available cheaper from this site....go to the bottom of the page and click on "Store".
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Learning fast

I'm sure there are most on here that have forgotton more than I'll ever know but in my short time I have worked that when doing obedience exercises I no longer offer a treat I toss the treat out of his reach, after about 10 minutes of this he gets very tired without me moving a muscle. It sounds like you are on the right track, we walk the bejesus out of Riley and we make sure we have everythign we do not want replaced well out or reach. We also found ignoring him for short periods of time make him calmer and easier to work with, it feels like we constantly training but as long as his tail is wagging and he comes back for more we know he's excercizing his brain as well as his body, wearing him out physically may not be doing anything for his mental state, we love the buster cube for keeping him entertained good old tug keeps him in in no doubt who's boss, not by winning but by ending the game when I say so. By the way you have a beautiful dog, I can see why you fell for him in a big way. Just remember as hard as it is now in a few years it will all be paying off and you'll have a companion for life that has grown with you, that's what I'm telling myself as I vacuum up the hairs in my Porsche and clean the windows of drool smears. It WILL be worth it, it WILL be worth it it WILL be worth it.
And is seems everyone here is full of support use them, as just reading through the forum for the past few months before I took the plunge, has given me great encouragement to go ahead and tackle the issues as they arrive.