Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old May 13th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Maggie 07

I have just recently joined your board and find it very interesting and informative. Your board was highly recommended from a member I have become good friends with.
I own two dogs, one a Germanshorthair Pointer named Ellie Mae and the other a miniature Dachsunds named Maggie Mae.
I have joined to ask for some advise re my dachshund who has had a back problem for over a week now.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has or does own a dachshund with back problems. Maggie is 6yrs old and has been to the vets, she is now on dextabs and seems to be slowly, very slowly improving. Maggie has always been such a active dog and it is so sad to see her just laying down and being in pain.
I recently read about a dog chiropractor for dogs and looked into this. She comes highly recommended and was featured in the Sun just recently. If Maggie does not improve soon I may take her to this lady. Any thoughts regarding doing this?
We are hoping not to do surgery, (hopefully it won't come to this) as the success rate is not the best.
Does any one have a dachsie with a simular problem who could share advise with us, it would be really appreciated.

maggie 07
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Sorry no dachsie's but welcome to the forum. Ask me a poop question or a chewing your furniture question I might be helpful,,, lol..(note said might be) Looking forward to getting to know you
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Maggie 07, and welcome to pets.ca! Sorry to hear about Maggie Mae's back problems. You might want to repost the issue in the health forum where more people will see it. I know there is at least one member here (Snowdancer) that is very well versed in Dachshund back problems, perhaps she'll be able to give you some advice.

All the best to you and your pups.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hello, Maggie07. Welcome to the board!

I hope Maggie Mae is better soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Welcome to the board Maggie 07
I hope you can get Maggie's back problem figured out and is feeling better soon
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM
-

Welcome to pets.ca Sorry to hear about Maggie and I hope you are able to resolve her problem soon. Like Sugarcatmom said....SnowDancer will be lots of help to you when she sees your post.

Hope to see pics of Ellie and Maggie soon.