Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Free to good home!!

Hello everyone nice to see ya'll again....lookin forward to some new chats and new friends.....like visiting an old neighbourhood this place sure does look different....lol

Iknow Iknow....your looking at the title of my post in rage .... me too

I am looking for a very antique post or if someone else has a good story with pics or not about what happens when we give up our beloved pets in a free to good home post....the danger we may be sending our sweetheart to, believing the person when they say "No worries I will love him/her to DEATH" not realizing the warning we just heard.

I see this post so much in Kijiji and others and would love to enlighten a few people. Sometimes they just dont realize that there is a world of horrible people out there that are waiting for those wonderful words to their ears "Free to good home".

So if anyone can help me in my quest I would be grateful
Old April 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM

These words are so sad. What the hell is wrong with people today??? We give up our beloved pets? If you give up your pets, they were hardly beloved! Unless you are losing everything and can't even feed yourself or almost at death bed with asthma, then these would be the only reasons for giving up your pets. Poor animals become victims of their stupid owners. Giving them away to strangers is so dangerous, they could end up in a research lab, for money. My female cats will be with me till the end. As a cat rescuer, I advise people to first try to place their "beloved" pets with friends, neighbors, co-workers, people they know.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Is this one of the ones you were searching for?

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....free+good+home
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Iggette,I cannot believe my eyes,it's been years,I still have your raccoon-pics WELCOME BACK!!!
I never look at Kijiji
Old April 25th, 2009, 01:08 PM

I'm torn on that issue. I'm looking for a cat/kitten and for awhile I was exclusively looking at Kijiji because there are lots of pets that need good homes. Now I've shifted to looking for kittens at the SPCA, but I if I were to look for an older cat, I'd look at kijiji.

But I suppose it's fair, you never can tell who is getting your cat.
Old April 25th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Our Oakville HS have a cat-blitz this weekend,$50 you will get a cat,already altered plus micro-chipped and healthy,they have too many cats.:sad:
Anyone who gives their animal to anybody that comes along,for free,obviously don't care one iota what happens to that animal,it's sickening!
Old April 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM

Iggette
there is a locked thread at the top of this forum, More Free to Good Home Cautionary Tales.
Kijiji is a home for every irresponsible backyard breeder out there and it gets my back up! grr
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Is this one of the ones you were searching for?

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....free+good+home
Well it wasn't the one I had in mind but I found pet-abuse.com within the thread.... and it tells of many free to good home horror stories I'm a little green ...just read a few stories and am so sick to my tummy right now....bad thing to do just before bed.
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Iggette,I cannot believe my eyes,it's been years,I still have your raccoon-pics WELCOME BACK!!!
I never look at Kijiji
Amazing....can you share?....my computer crashed and I lost all my digital pics of chico except the two that were on a picturetrail site I also have a few that I got developed at the photo shop but I would love more.

I was looking at Kijiji for free stuff....my girlfriend has obtained some good stuff from that site. I need a computer desk
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:35 AM

Unhappy

If you want a heart breaker, I can give you details about a horse I used to own that I placed with someone. I will NEVER do it again, even with references and guarantees...
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianna079 View Post
If you want a heart breaker, I can give you details about a horse I used to own that I placed with someone. I will NEVER do it again, even with references and guarantees...
I'm very sorry for your horse, any abused animal is a sad situation and the abuser well....I would like to ..:censore d:
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Iggette,here are a couple of your Raccoon Chico,I've told the Forum all about Chico and how you rescued him as a baby.
Attached Images