Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old November 10th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Game dogs, Pit bull

I have been searching around the internet for information/ "stats" about pit bulls. I was awalys aware of dog fighting and such... but I have come across SOOO MANY forums where idiots discuss "game dogs". Game dogs is another way of saying fighting dogs.

This one forum I came across they were talking about how this guy bet another guy that his GSD would kick it's butt. So the pit owner released his dog to attack the GSD! :sad:

We NEED to get stuff like ths shut down. It's absolutely digusting.

What can we do to get these boards shut down, Americans or Canadians??
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Senior Contributor

The only thing I can think of is to search for these sites then call animal control. Weed out info from the bad guys of where they are as if your interested then call animal services or the media. I know it probably won't help but maybe put fear into these guys when animal control starts showing up or police for that matter. Maybe contact these jerks find out where they are compile a list of different sites and the people you have investigated and then send over to animal control or the police and when no one reacts we call the media in. even sending the dialogue you have with these people to the MPPs and let them know what kind of people have and care or not care for these dogs.
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Senior Contributor

What about the RCMP, the organised crime division? I don't know if that's silly or not, but my understanding is organised crime has it's hand in a lot of these operations.

Also, excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is GSD? I've seen it a lot, but can't figure it out. (Giant Salty Dog? Green Sled Dog? Gargantuan Salavating Doberman? Let me know if I'm close...)

I've been seeing a lot of sites about "Game bred" dog as well, and I thought that it referred to fighting also. But a couple of sites I went to, only referred to pulling competitions. Is Game Bred always about fighting?
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Senior Contributor

GSD - German Sheperd Dog

Many of the sites that I have located are American. I don't know who rules and regulations they have about fighting. I bet they are similar to our if not worse...

I thought about joining and "trolling", pretending that I fight dogs to get information... but I don't know that I want to go that route. I would get REALLY mad I think...

As for authorities, I have no idea; that's why I posed the question. I am not versed on the dog fighting world, so I am not sure if what I read going on, is actually illegal per se. It's frustrating. I hate this. I hate people. :sad:
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

German Sheppard I believe. I know it took me a while to figure that out too.... lol.
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

German Shepherd Dog. There are some of these boards that are all about weight pull and not about aggression so it is about finding the ones who support fighting. Weight pull is very big in the states especially the southern and mid western states. But legitimate weight pullers treat their dogs well and dont abuse them and have the same problem getting lumped in with the abusers who fight their dogs.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Thine one forum in particular I think was more geared towards fighting. There were a number fo threads called "APBT vs. (dog breed)" It was disgusting. They were hard to follow, but I am sure that they were discussing which breed would fair alright when pitted against an APBT. :sad: I can't post the link because there is A LOT of swearing on the forum... :sad:
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

There is a gentleman that I met at High Park who is from the states and he has pits and they do weight pull and he was telling me about it. He said that it is unfortunate how they get lumped in with the fighters and for that reason he has stopped participating in the weight pull. His dogs are his kids they sleep with him and he treats them really well adn is disgusted by people who fight these dogs. The funny thing is to look at him you would assume the opposite. He looks like a tough biker so you cant always judge a book by its cover. But this guy is always talking about his sweet girl that is the mom of 2 of his other dogs.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Senior Contributor

If you see American or Canadian sites discussing dogfighting or posting about participating in or encouraging it, you should report it. This is illegal in all states.

At the very least you can get these message boards or sites removed.

Quote:
can't post the link because there is A LOT of swearing on the forum...
Not surprising. These scum have low IQs, small vocabularies and limited brain power.