Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old March 10th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Exclamation Michael Vick gets an award for Courage

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...uf05AD9EBEIIG0

Does anyone have an opinion on this Remember, no swearing on the board please....
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

Perhaps he shows 'good sportsmanship and courage' on the football field, but his personal life is nothing to win an award for IMO. I find it disgusting that he is being treated as some kind of hero who overcame hardships to get where he is. IMO if he had not been caught, the body count of dogs he has killed would be into staggering numbers by now.
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Gross.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

COURAGE !!!!

What a load of horse *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah he was really really couragous when he pitted poor helpless animals against each other!! And wow the courage it must have taken to take in all the money for illegal betting!!

And, OH what courage, to kill a poor helpless animals whose only fault was to lose a fight, or be to "friendly"

And the courage it took for him to stand up and admitt his guilt, accept his punishment and be honest with the world and his knowledge that he knew dog fighting was wrong, illegal, and disgusting....but oh nooooo, he claims ignorance, and innocence

Sick jerk, KARMA KARMA KARMA.....he'll get his one day, and I can't wait

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Senior Contributor

OK - what's wrong with the following quote:

"He spent hours Monday and Tuesday speaking to kids at a community center and at the Baltimore Ravens Courage House, which houses abused children."

Very strange. Personally - I would NOT invite someone like this to speak with abused children...there is something slightly 'warped' about this...
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
OK - what's wrong with the following quote:

"He spent hours Monday and Tuesday speaking to kids at a community center and at the Baltimore Ravens Courage House, which houses abused children."

Very strange. Personally - I would NOT invite someone like this to speak with abused children...there is something slightly 'warped' about this...
Yeah, really. They should invite someone that has been a pillar of the community. Or at least someone that has proven throughout the years to have become a better person.

You don't invite an abuser (animals or not - people that abuse people often do the same to animals - who is to say he hasn't engaged in that type of behavior with people?) who was just convicted not that long ago. What does that say? If you do bad things you can out of it as long as you have enough money and you're popular?
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:36 PM

How, exactly, did he demonstrate courage?

What a bunch of ****. Oops--I swore. My bad.
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM

We don't even get the pleasure of seeing our curse words in print? Dang!

This thread justs begs for swearing.
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Happycats said it the best " Karma".
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
-

PRICELESS.......Excuse me while I go and hang myself...

Name:  hanging smiley.gif
Views: 184
Size:  2.0 KB
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I don't know guys. Maybe we should give him a chance to prove he's changed. After all, look at all the good work he's done since being released. He's working with the Humane Society. He is going around and talking to people about the evil he did. Don't we all deserve a chance?
NOT on your life!! Where was his "exemplifying commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage" when he had those poor dogs tied on the rape barrel? Where was it when he put his own house dogs in the ring to see what would happen? One thing is clear - money talks.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I don't know guys. Maybe we should give him a chance to prove he's changed. After all, look at all the good work he's done since being released. He's working with the Humane Society. He is going around and talking to people about the evil he did. Don't we all deserve a chance?
NOT on your life!! Where was his "exemplifying commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage" when he had those poor dogs tied on the rape barrel? Where was it when he put his own house dogs in the ring to see what would happen? One thing is clear - money talks.
Oh my gosh 14+K.. (lifting my chin off the keyboard... I almost thought you lost your marbles...or became an admin ()....

( I should have worn pee pads today..)
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Don't do that to me I thought you were serious at first .

Def'n of courage:

Courage, also known as bravery, fortitude, will, and intrepidity, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, Death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement. Overall, doing what no one else would do or want to do.
Courage is the mental and moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.

So what has he done that was courageous??????????????

And he thinks he deserves it . He's not courageous, he is an arrogant jacka$$ who did what he needed to do to get back to football

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey