Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 3rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
Willing cat servant

Rescue in surgery at this very moment

Just telling you today's story because I'm feeling a bit worried here.
Today my dad (still in Mexico getting Ragnar ready I mean myself) he went to get his shoes polished by those guys who do that so a female dog in between medium/small approached him and the he noticed she was badly wounded with an exposed broken bone. So long story short he gave us a call he kept her there petting her, giving her some food while my mom and brother went to get her. They took her immediately to a vet and right now she's in surgery. Apparently the bone has started to smell bad. so most likely their amputating one of her hind legs right now The vet calculates the fracture happened about a week ago. Can you imagine being in that kind of pain for a week and no one else did anything
Now my head is boiling thinking about her recovery and even the search for a forever home. Here as some of you know there are 11 cats, a feral, possums, a rescued dog and possibly expecting another one from a different state so we must find a loving home for her once she recovers. The family is going to pitch in to cover for the vet bills.
Well that's all for now just had to get it off my chest. I just called the vet and they just told me to call in about half an hour because he was still in surgery (with her)
I'll let you know if you want how it went
Old February 4th, 2016, 12:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, that poor baby! How wonderful of your dad to help out--he is definitely her angel!

How did the surgery go?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 4th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Willing cat servant

It went well. She's a really strong girl. She's awake and alert. The vet is taking her out of the kennel and she's probably even going to get a bath. He had to amputate half of the leg a bit more to prevent the infection of the bone to keep spreading.
I'm in constant communication with him.
When she recovers my mind is going like a demented hamster wheel thinking about ways to find her a forever, super loving home.
She has the perfect size imho. If it wasn't because I'm committed to the Ragnar pup nut job already I would certainly take her.

She needs a name. At least until she finds a mom and/or dad. What do you think...
Terra, Alice, Hmmm what about Lynx haha I dunno. I kinda like Alice (in Wonderland). More suggestions?