Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM

Re-introduction

Hello everyone,

While cleaning up "my favorites" on the computer, I found a link to this forum. I thought I would come by and take another look around since this seems like a pretty active forum for Canadians!

I currently share my home and life with two German Shepherds (a working/showline cross and a working line); Stark and Zefra.

Stark is my 2 year old male German Shepherd who was just a teeny tiny baby the last time I posted on this site. He trains in schutzhund and has recently started herding. We are very close to trialing for his BH and AD titles, once he completes those things he will switch from schutzhund to herding more than likely since that is more his thing.

Zefra, my wild child, is only 19 weeks old at this point and is what I consider "my performance dog". She is currently training in schutzhund as well but we will be adding agility and possibly fly ball later on. I would also like her to get some herding titles in the future. She is full of drive, personality and craziness, exactly what I was looking for in my next dog.

I also share my life with two cats; Monkey my black domestic haired cat and Dexter my Maine Coon mix who thinks he is one of the German Shepherds.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and plan on sticking around if you will have me!

Hope to chat soon!

*RIP* Euro Kaye's Beau "Beau"
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Elisabeth. Welcome back to the forum. Can you show us some photo's of Stark and Zefra, please? I love GSDs but husband won't let me have one. Instead we have shelties and Australian Cattle Dogs. Down here in Australia our Canine Councils don't approve of schutzhund work but my sister is about to buy her third GSD from working lines also, but that's for Tracking and Obedience. I believe the breeder does breed pups for Customs, security etc., she has two separate lines going.
Had to laugh at Dexter thinking he's a GSD, my sister's 'Jessica' used to think she was a sheltie. LOL. I like the name 'Stark' for a GSD.
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have to say, I have always been intrigued by the ACD, don't seem many of them around here at all.

My family has always had GSD's so when it was time to get a dog of my very own, I stuck with what I knew.. lol.

Schutzhund is very misunderstood (even here in Canada) still but hopefully someday people will understand the sport better.

Now, on to the photo's.. lol.

First up, Stark.

And now "the wild child", Zefra.

And the two "goobers" together.

Old August 30th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow! Stark is just beautiful! What a handsome fellow. My sister willl be getting her third female GSD, yet I prefer the males. They're so impressive. The black on Zefra's feet amuses me, she looks like she's been romping in mud. I can't imagine what life is like living with a juvenile Shepherd, especially one that earns the title of a wild child. ACDs are bad enough for me. A friend's young GSD likes to scruff her Shih Tzu, dragging it around like a floor mop. LOL. The Shih Tzu never acts as if he has hurt her though and always comes back for more, so he must be being quite gentle. She is the boss anyway.
Herding would be great fun. I'd have to travel hundreds of miles to take it up though, it's only just taking off here. I imagine Stark would be loving it. Thanks for sharing such lovely photo's.
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Stunning GSD's you have there.
Old August 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome back, elisabeth_85! Beautiful dogs! We'd love to see kitty pics, too, if you have some to share!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Critter Lover

Wow gorgeous dogs!
When a Cat adopts you there is nothing to be done about it except to put up with it until the wind changes. TS Elliot
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:38 PM

Thanks everyone!

I will have to upload some photo's of the kitties as well this week. I have tones, just none on my new photobucket account.