Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old October 24th, 2012, 03:07 AM
banned user

Unhappy heart breaking

It is with great sorrow and I am still shedding tears. My Beloved Zorba is going to Doggie heaven this Friday. He can not control is bowel movements any longer. This is breaking my heart and a part of my heart is going with him. The arrangements have been made. The Vet is coming over and in my arms he is going to sleep under his roof how it should be. I am not going to have strength to drive and bury him in the wilderness where he belongs. Hoping that a friend is going to take us. His Brother Harley is going to be so confused and lonely. Zorba has so much life in him yet but he is ailing, I only wish that we could have this choice made for us, now I am going to cry and not stop for an extremely long time. Zorba just was at my side tail wagging and looking at me with such incredible love in his eyes. This never is easy, so if anyone reads this I just have no more comment to make accept that I am losing one of my true loves and best friend a partner who has been with me since he had been 5 weeks old. My memories are for ever embedded in my mind and that is what I am going to hang onto
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Minmin, I went through that dicision over a month ago...it was so hard. I Private miessaged you....my thoughts will be with you on friday...
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I am so sorry to be reading this and offer you strength and courage.
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry, minmin12. I know how very difficult this is for you. But now is the time to cuddle and make a few more happy memories. Try to focus on the simple joy of having Zorba with you right now, instead of your loss. That way Zorba won't pick up on your sadness and also be sad. There will be time to grieve after he's gone. (I know--impossible advice... ) Hang in there and try to be strong. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

I am so sorry, I will have you in my thoughts on Friday

I know it is one of the hardest decisions we have to make for our babies.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Minmin, I am so sorry to hear about you having to make this most difficult decision. My thoughts are with you , I have tears in my eyes whenever I read about a heartbreaking decision. Our pets will be waiting at the bridge for your beloved best friend.
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey minmin12, we all know what you are going through with Zorba. Letting our furbabies go is the hardest, kindest decision we can make. Enjoy every last minute that you have with him. Know that he will leave this earth with his heart filled with your love. Just one year ago I also made that decision with my 14 year old girl, it's so hard to do, but ultimately the last gift of love.
we're here for you.
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you on this. It is so hard to lose a loved pet. Just remember the good memories you have made with Zorba as I am sure that you have many.