Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 25th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Trespasser

I was sitting on the couch this evening minding my own affairs watching the committee meeting from earlier today pertaining to Ontarios Pitbull ban with Kita and Elmo sleeping on the couch beside me and I felt a cat jump up on the couch.
With out even looking over I just reached over and started petting it assuming it was one of my cats wanting some lovins.
As I started petting the cat I thought to myself " I don't have a fluffy cat" and I was almost afraid to look at what I was petting.
I looked over and saw this handsome gent

Now, this is NOT one of my cats, I have no idea how it got in my house or when to be honest and apparently my 3 cats and 7 dogs don't care that we have a trespasser just move in and making himself at home.
As you can see he is quite content and not stressed out in here. lol

I'm not sure who's cat this is, where he came from and again most baffling, how he got in my house. All the windows are closed, the cat door hasn't been opened in a few weeks and I can't think of any other way other than him pulling a Santa move and coming down my chimney or me just letting him in when I was out with the dogs for their evening pee a few hours ago thinking he was Orange cat.
Hopefully he belongs to the neighbour, I will be keeping him in for the night and go over in the morning.
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:52 AM

Oh, my sweet aunt fanny, he's BEAUTIFUL! I seem to have a bit of a soft spot for the long hairs, and he's just so bright and vivid and fluffy! That's one surprise I know I wouldn't mind. Here's hoping you can find his family, though, they must be missing him terribly!
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:51 AM

Adorable trespasser

Interesting all the large-boned long-haired orange or orange & white cats I've met over the years have done similar things, quite content to just waltz in someone else's house make themselves comfortable & stay for awhile

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Isn't that funny. He is a handsome fellow. What 'cha gonna call him?

Maybe there is something to growler's comment. Our own Ginger used to go next door, where they somehow got through bug season with no screens on their windows, get up on the sun roof porch and walk into their house through an open window. Then she'd mosey around, go downstairs and they'd let her out the front door. Occasionally they found her on a chesterfield. These people moved away but rented the house out and every renter had to be told about Ginger. They all thought she was funny and enjoyed her visits.
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

Ahh, so relieved, I don't have to call him anything, he has a name and lives across the road at the neighbours. He's an indoorsy guy who snuck out yesterday through their screened porch and meandered his way over here in hopes to get back inside the house, any house, I guess. He had a very french name and I forgot it before getting back in my own driveway lol. Glad he's back home now.
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Kitty pimp

lol was just visiting
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm glad you solved the mystery of the cat burglar, but I still think he looked like he belongs on your couch!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Senior Contributor

How sweet is that! He's a beautiful kitty for sure. Was his name Gaston? Okay just kidding with a guess out of the blue. I'm so surprised that with 7 dogs and 3 cats of your own nobody cared... what sweet calm critters you must have. Or were they just too tired from running around outside?
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww Erykah,what a beautiful visitorbut I am glad you found where he belongs,he'll probably come back for another visit
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

He was a perfectly well behaved house guest, he is more than welcome to come by any time he pleases for a slumber party again, but I just worry about him crossing the road lol
I think my guys didn't react because they probably just figured it was another new family member or foster lol
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:28 PM
You can call me DOG!

Awhhh...what a cute story and happy ending erykah1310.

Love how he made himself look so comfortable and slightly unnoticed.

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong....."♫♫♫

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)