Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM

Newby from Milton, Ontario

I am a dog lover from way back. I presently live alone with my Golden Retriever, Kelsey, since my wife of 40 years left seven years ago. Kelsey is a dog for whom the mould was broken at her birth. She is a very overweight 10 year old who still has a spring in her step and has not had any lessening of her "Predatorial" instincts. Lucky for her we live in a heavily wooded part of Milton that is full of little critters that she loves to chase and I am afraid, sometimes actually catch. But to meet her is to love her. She is almost overpoweringly friendly to everyone (I gave up trying to train her to be a watch-dog long ago). Unfortunately we live on a road that sees lots of horseback riding, and Kelsey just loves to find and eat what the horses leave behind! This doesn't seem to have effected her overall health, thank goodness, but may explain her large girth.

One thing I would like to mention about her is that she has an ability that I have never seen in any other dog (thus the mould-breaking). She appears to be capable of actually making moral and ethical decisions before acting. I sometimes see her deep in thought as she is trying to calculate the consequences of her actions ahead of time. It is almost scary! Suffice to say, she is the most intelligent dog I have ever known.

As for me, I love to take pictures, play acoustic guitar and hike in the woods and, of course, care for my canine companion.

So, hello to you fellow animal lovers. I hope to converse with you online in this forum in the future.

Geezer

Old April 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Half Way To Crazy

welcome to the forum.. all of us here love pictures and since you are an avide photographer we would love to see some pictures of kelsey..
feel free to post as many as you like
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:01 PM
-

Welcome to pets.ca Geezer ~ lots of Golden people here and we never tire of great pictures of great dawgs !
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
As for me, I love to take pictures,
awww ,so you will be able to shower us with pics of her right ? golden owner here and yes , they are pretty special !
Old April 12th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Live well, laugh often

Welcome to the forum. We'd love to see some pics of your Kelsey, she sounds wonderful .