Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old November 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Senior Contributor

That is too funny I know people always say ohh poor pekoe. She is great and she is so funny. Linda use to be in the park and pekoe would not want to walk anymore then she would see Buddy and run like what me tired no way. Linda and Ray are really nice next time you see them ask them about buddy and pekoe she always cleans his drool for him you know how messy boys can be.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 27th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Chocolate

leolvr, thanx for ur review.

I appreciated it.
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastifflover
That is too funny I know people always say ohh poor pekoe. She is great and she is so funny. Linda use to be in the park and pekoe would not want to walk anymore then she would see Buddy and run like what me tired no way. Linda and Ray are really nice next time you see them ask them about buddy and pekoe she always cleans his drool for him you know how messy boys can be.

I think I may have seen a picture of Buddy. Unless she plays with more then one mastiff. Never fails these poor girls have to clean up after the boys

Same as around here. Bogie drops his food as he walks and Hannah walks behind him cleaning it up!!

oops sorry to anyone following this we have certainly gotten off the subject of performatin. So again if anyone is going ot the whole life Expo drop by and say hi to me today. I am getting ready to leave and do my time !! I lvoe meeting all the people.
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wAggie
leolvr, thanx for ur review.

I appreciated it.
No problem. I ee you live in Toronto. Drop by my store sometime and I will give you a couple of samples to try

I see you wrote you are Polish, so is my husband :-)
Old November 28th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Love all creatures

I used to feed my dog wellness but now I even found a better food. Its called Timberwolf Organics. Its very high in protein (well they do have a lower protein type as well)...the protein level varies. I believe one of the flavors from Timberwolf has 34% protein. This is excellent if you've got an underweight dog or a dog that exercises ALOT...

The food is very expensive though and hard to find in Canada. One store in Oakville, ON sells it and that's the only one in like..the province lol.
I think it cost me 50 bux for a medium sized bag. My dogs love it though, including my kibble wary Chihuahua. Plus, you don't have to feed alot since its very high in quality...for example with a **** brand like Iams, you'd have to feed about 3 cups to a 55lb dog? With this, my 55lb pittie gets 3/4 of a cup and I"ll throw in a tablespoon of yoghurt...its great if anyone wants to take a look at it.

They also carry a line of food for cats as well

http://www.timberwolforganics.com/
Old November 28th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Pitbulliest,would that store be Ren's Petdepot on Trafalgar/Burnhampthorpe rd??? That is the only store that sold me a bird-bath-heater,I know,people hink I am a nut-case,but the birds have drinking water even the coldest of days. I've been going to that store for years,they carry everything you could ever want for your dog/cat etc....It's a family business and prices are great compared to other stores. Sorry for rambling,I cannot say enough about that store and the people working there
Old November 28th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolvr
No problem. I ee you live in Toronto. Drop by my store sometime and I will give you a couple of samples to try

I see you wrote you are Polish, so is my husband :-)

hehehehehe, where's ur store located?
Old December 16th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Info at Performatrinultra.com

Interested in others feedback as well. I found this site:

www.performatrinultra.com.

Its got the ingredients and stuff listed as well as some stories about pets on it. Sounds good but I would like to hear from others who have been using it.
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I tried Performatrin Ultra and my cats would not eat it it's going to HS,so I'll stick with their "Chicken-soup-for-cat-lovers-soul",they love it!!
Old December 16th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar13
Interested in others feedback as well. I found this site:

www.performatrinultra.com.

Its got the ingredients and stuff listed as well as some stories about pets on it. Sounds good but I would like to hear from others who have been using it.
I dont see a list of ingredients.........

it's like the 10% of 100 various herbs they put into the Nutrience Supreme, eh?
Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:22 AM

Talking In Favor Of Performatrin

Hi all.came across this site was doing some research on Technical And Performatrin,was told that Performatrin is Technical and that Pet value just adds their name to it,havent come across the information yet.Anyways,I own a small shepard cross I got her when she was 1 past owners were feeding her gains burger,make along story short I started her on Performatrin sheba is now 17 years old and is still active,starting to go deaf,shes gets hot spots very often, along with human food and performatrin I believe this is the reason for longivity. My cat I also started on performatrin,the cat was never sick,I ran out of performatrin and couldnt make it to the store I borrowed some whiskis cat food and purchased her normal food a few days later,my cat refused to eat performatrin refused to eat whiskis chicken tuna and even refused water.Unfortunatly I had to put her down some time later she had went to being a perfectly healthy feline to being in the high stages of diabietes.I have now gotten a 4 month old lab/boxer she was on science diet just my personal opinion I have her on Performatrin Puppy food
Lilcatdog
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM

welcome!
this is a very old thread, you may want to start your own for an introduction.

I have a lab/boxer mix as well! I'd love to see pictures.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:38 AM

Thumbs up helped with allergy and about sweet potatoe ingrediant

I have changed over to performatrim ultra New Zeland Lamb formula and my cats really liked it. My one cat had started obsessivly licking and scratching himself to the point he has spots with no fur and his skin was starting to get sores. since I change over his fur has been growing back in and the obsessive licking has tremedously decreased. I just need to be able to find a canned formaula that is the same as he eats a small portion of wet food as well as the kibble. I can't seem to find the ultra lamb in a can and have a very difficult time finding canned food in other brands as well. I did find a small can in eagles formula that was duck but I was told it would be discontinued. I have seen the regular perforatrin in a Turkey formula and I am trying it right now but by mistake also got the salmon and didn't realize there was poultry in it so my cat has started licking a bit again. I have a Pomeranian also and when his other food is gone I have a bag of the performatrin ultra waiting for him. I was glad that I have changed over also because of the poison scare found in many of the foods. Performatrin doesn't use the ingrediant wheat glutin and is safe from contamination, thank God. Also to the person that made a post and was wondering about why they use sweet potatoe rather then regular, I read on the performatrin web site this...Cold or flu-like symptoms may be seen, like sneezing and runny nose. Sweet potatoes offer valuable beta carotene to help fight respiratory infections.
enjoy your pets everyone.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Wellness is excellent food,but extremely over-priced....I was kind of happy my cats did not like it I always check the ingredients and you can get "humane grade"very good food for half the price of Wellness.
I pay premium price for my cat-food,canned or dry,but paying $20+for a bag of wellness,when I get CSFPLS for $13 all the same ingredients,except Wellness uses sweet-potato instead of reg potato,does not make sense.We all want what is best for our animals and a little research will really open your eyes.
read this at the perforatrin site. my cats love that food and has completely stopped alergic reaction using the New Zeland Lamb formula. hope this helps.
Cold or flu-like symptoms may be seen, like sneezing and runny nose. Sweet potatoes offer valuable beta carotene to help fight respiratory infections.
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Just wanted to drop in and say hello as I am new to this forum. I have a 14 week old Yellow Labrador Retriever and her name is Sofie. In September of this year we lost our Black Lab Max of 16 years and adding Sofie to our family certainly help to ease the pain of our loss. We love the breed. Sofie had a rough start and was diagnosed with colitis at 7 weeks of age....she was on medication and special food for a few weeks then the hunt for a decent food was on. I tried many with no luck ( too many bowl movements, extemely loose stool, vomiting and simply not liking the taste)....last week I discovered Performatrin and it is a miracle....within 48 hours her stools are nice, no vomiting and she loves the taste. I had her on the Wellness which is an excellent food but it was too rich for her sensitive stomach but the Performatrin seems to be doing the trick. I catch my cat sneaking some kibbles from Sofie's dish now and then ( My cat Riley is on Wellness and doing very well). Have a great day all!!!
Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:20 PM

Performatrin lovers

We have a 3 year old Maine Coon cat who developed dingleberries earlier this year lol. At the time, we were feeding him Costco cat food. After doing a lot of research, we switched him to Performatrin Grain Free Duck formula and it has done absolute wonders for him. No more dingleberries as his stool is firm and there's less of it, he takes a lot longer to eat and is just healthier all around. We just got our shepard/lab, Charlie, who's 10 weeks and was being fed Puppy Chow. We're already working to switch her to Performatrin grain free Puppy. It's the only brand we'll feed our fur babies.
Old August 4th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Senior Contributor

wAggie, the ingredient lists are there but you have to dig around a bit to find them. Note that this thread is nearly 10 years old. Unless you want to feed the food yourself I think it's a pretty safe bet the OP made a decision long ago. Plus, the ingredient list has likely changed in 10 years.