Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Closed Thread

Old September 29th, 2004, 09:14 PM
owned by Tucker

Angry

I believe in bad owners not bad dogs. You see people ( mostly guys )buying a pitbull as a status symbal ( maybe they are lacking in some other department) they don't take into concideration the training that goes along with a strong willed dog. I don't think they are for first time owners in anyway, I was chased by a pit bull when I was 8 months pregnant and I blame the owners for not having it in a proper fenced in yard and they couldn't handle the dog. It also attacked another dog in the area and it ended up with stitches. I moved before I found out what happened to the dog. I use to own a 120 lb dog and I would watch people cross the street not to pass him little did they know he was a gentle giant who just loved children, I have also met pit bulls that are properly trained and thought what wonderful dogs they were. So to destroy or to not allow a breed because of stupid people is not fair. Even having to muzzle them when in public would be better than banning them. I own a cat that can be nasty will she be next.
Attached Images

Old September 29th, 2004, 09:49 PM
banned user

Obviously no dogs kill or main more than once, but

How many owners have an animal or animals that kill or mame more than once ? Show me an instance of violent crime, abuse or neglect that has been reduced by fines.[/QUOTE]

There are dogs around that have bitten more than once. (Bandit @ THS comes to mind first.) There are dogs that are clearly a danger, & have been for some time before the actual bite, or mauling occurs.

The woman with the 2 PitAkita pups that mauled the newspaper delivery girl were on muzzle order from the city becuase of previous attack on a neighbours' dog. For some reason, the owner tried to muzzle them outside the house when they attacked the young girl.(Order in place, but not followed by the owner.)

The 2 dogs that attacked the East Indian gentleman on his way home from work had been at large for Days, according to the neighbours in news reports.
They had called both animal control & the police, but perhaps the dogs were not found by either? (-So much for ability to enforce the laws we have. Do we want to try a dozen more?)

The woman with the Neo mastiff kennel, where the grandaughter was mauled by a F. Neo. Mastiff with pups was an illegal kennel. Zoning by-laws.
So nobody noticed this? At first the child's mother defended her mom's kennel & practices. Later, she decided she was wrong. (Law in place, no enforcement again.)

Th recent attack by 2 Staffy guard dogs on teenager mowing the lawn...Why do you need 2 trained guard dogs? Doesn't some barking by a couple of formidable dogs at the window deter most criminals? If you are gonna have guard dogs, shouldn't you do a check on your yard Before you let them out? Making sure the gates are shut, & fences secure? Esp. if you have somebody doing yard work for you? The neighbour's cat probably can't read. If you are going to have dogs like these, you need to be extra careful. (No law in place, but perhaps there should be on guard dogs?)

Fines often do not change behavours of neglect & abuse. (Ie:The Miseners, working on their 3rd. charge of puppy milling.) After the 2nd charge, why didn't these people go to jail? If I remember correctly thay had already been ordered not to have.......? animals ...in some capacity.
I can't remember exactly what number of dogs if any they were allowed to have if any-??, but it wasn't anything like the number of dogs they were found to have on the second charge. So, no pets for life & jail time. But again, does the OSPCA have time & money to trail around after re-located people, searching for dogs hidden in the bush?

(Once again we can't afford to enforce the laws we have. So give us more laws we can't enforce.)
Old September 29th, 2004, 11:22 PM
banned user

Eeek! Sorry for double post of same stuff.

(didn't notice we had gone to 4 pages now! Sorry!)
Old October 1st, 2004, 08:06 PM

BANTHEPITBULL, if you want to join a discussion, please READ all of the posts in the thread and respond to what is being written about in the thread. Writing one post about your feelings about pit bulls and then copying and pasting it to every thread at all related to pit bulls is obnoxious, and unhelpful. If you want to get into healthy debate here, go ahead, but no one will listen to you if you don't listen to them, and YOU'RE NOT LISTENING! No one here wants to promote pit bulls, even those who have a pit bull of their own that they love. These people aren't breeding pit bulls or even buying pit bulls from breeders -- they have all rescued pit bulls, and they deserve their opinions to be listened to. So at least READ THEIR POSTS and then respond to what is being written, if you have something to add. I'm not saying you have to agree.
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANTHEPITBULL
thank you for letting me know the attorney general's email, i've let him know of some specific reasons why pitbulls should be banned in ontario.

your pitbull might be the nicest dog in the world...but i'm mad at the breed b'coz:

- i'm sick and tired of having to pick my dog up when some off-leash adult pitbull comes running around

- i'm sick and tired of having to carry a hammer to defend myself and my dog when i get in a deathmatch with a pitbull

- i'm sick and tired of the fact that my young cousin got his jacket's hood grabbed by a pitbull and for that he is terrified of all dogs now

- i'm sick and tired of having had to read about cases in the newspapers which involved pitbulls mauling and almost killing humans and small pets

- i'm sick and tired of being terrified by pitbulls. ENOUGH

get some sense now and realise that pitbulls aren't suuposed to be kept in densely populated areas. if you have a 100 acre ranch..and want to keep your pitbulls...sure go ahead....but YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MINE BEGIN..

the WAR IS ON

Well, it sure is nice to see that you have done a little research before you posted your little tirade. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you should be mad at the idiot that let their dog run loose?

I am sick and tired of the press too. I can't think of a single reporter that can identify a pit bull any better then I bet you can.

The Canadian Safety Council, The Canadian Humane Society, the Canadian Kennel Club, and the Canadian Veteranarian Association (or whatever the name of the vet's group is) have all said that a breed ban WILL NOT solve the dog bite problem.

Both the James Waddell inquest and the Courtney Trempe inquests said that a breed ban won't solve the problem.

The bite statistics out of Winnepeg, I believe, prove that pit bull bans don't work. Yes, pit bull bites have gone down. Now German Shepherds and shepherd mixes are biting.

You keep fighting. I am sure Mr. Bryant will love your letter and wave it around like the flag it is. Neither one of you is interested in the truth. I am so sorry to hear that.
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:22 PM
Meaghan Edwards

First off, before you rant about something you know nothing about, do your research. The problem lies right on the owners and irresponsible breeders -- NOT the entire breed. Secondly, don't believe everything the media says. I have lost track of how many times they've made MAJOR breed misidentification, intentionally or otherwise (to cause sensationalism, ya know.)

Breed bans work? HAH. That explains why my friend, who lived in an area were there's canine dictatorship (AKA Breed Specific Legislation) was mauled by a "friendly" breed and needed eight surgeries, and that England's bites have gone up since the Pit Bull ban. Ultimately, breed bans/restrictions endanger people, not protect them, by giving the community a false sense of security.

Some sites for you:

http://www.realpitbull.com
http://pitbulls.angelpaws.com/
http://pbrc.net/petbull/ (read Positive Press)
http://www.goodpooch.com/BSL/failedBSL.htm
http://www.workingpitbull.com/
http://www.doglegislationcouncilcanada.org/
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:51 AM

Breed Ban Works

If I wasn't affected, I won't be mad and won't have cared about the issue at all.

Consider the following truth : Kitchener banned pitbulls in 1997 because the two years previous to that there had been 35 pitbull attacks. Since 1997, there have been 8 incidents between dogs and between dogs and people. BREED BANS DO WORK.

In Canada, pitbulls are also banned in Windsor and Winnipeg, among the places I know of.

Most people who get pitbulls get them precisely because they know its the most aggressive breed of dogs. And now this breed has outlived human generosity by attacking and mauling one of our own. Pitbulls have lost their reason to exist, and a blanket ban on pitbulls in Ontario seems like the only viable solution. Muzzles and short-leashes, etc aren't the solution as these are powerful animals. Neither are after-the-fact imprisonment/fines.

If you have a viable solution, then you need to tell the Minister and the press how another such pitbull attack can be prevented, without you having to lose your dog.

It's a given that some sort of legislation is coming soon, it cannot be prevented. Only those who own a pitbull/their close relatives,friends are likely to oppose such a ban....and that is a very small number indeed when compared to those who support such a ban !

I am sure many people would like to keep wild cats, reptiles, etc as pets (and some do). Pitbulls need to be moved in the same category and off our streets. Humans First.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Pitbulls have lost their reason to exist, and a blanket ban on pitbulls in Ontario seems like the only viable solution.
And what, exactly, is the purpose of any breed? Should people not own Collies if they don't have sheep for it to herd? Should people stop owning Parson (Jack) Russel Terriers if they have no intention of hunting badgers?

I do not own a Pit Bull, nor do I intend to ever own one (my personal choice, nothing against the breed itself). I don't personally know anyone who owns a Pittie either, or any of the Bull breeds or crosses thereof. Yet I am still wholeheartedly against the ban. Why? You said yourself that people who own these animals are in it because the dog is tough. Those are the kinds of owners who create the nasty dogs you have come to know. There are far more responsible owners out there raising beautiful family pets that you will never know of because they don't go out and attack people. These people who raise vicious animals will not care if government takes away their Pitties. They'll move on to the next "vicious" breed. Then what? Ban that too? OK, so let's ban the Rottie, GSD, Doberman, Akita, yadd yadda ... what will we be left with? Everyone owning Chihuahuas? I've been attacked by two of them - my Mom's neighbor's dog who escaped from their yards and didn't want me walking up my mother's front steps. Now what? What kind of dog do you own? I bet there have been attacks from that breed as well. And before you tell me that it couldn't cause the kind of harm that a Pittie does, think again. My year-old child would certainly be horribly scarred if a Chi got at his face.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM

quote "I don't own a pit and oppose BSL for any breed."

you will lose interest in all this pretty soon, since you have nothing to lose if a ban comes into effect or otherwise as well.

But I have been affected and am now committed more than ever before to support the ban.

Lets see if you will be still debating this issue few months from now, or will you spearhead a court challenge ? do you have the resources and the motivation to do that ? I doubt it.

This ain't your fight, and it's a public safety issue now.

And, pitbulls and rottweilers can kill (and have killed) an adult person; whereas other dogs cannot.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Here is the truth for you. In Kitchner, they have stopped gathering dog bite information so they have NO idea if their ban is working. Nor do they care to know as the ban is popular with the residents of that sad town. Humane Society workers there have gone on record stating that the number of dog bites have NOT decreased. Just different breeds doing the biting now. (Sorry, no offense meant to those forum members who live in Kitchner.)

Winnepeg. Lets talk about Winnepeg for a moment. Pit bulls were banned there in 1990. Lets just look at a couple of their statistics.

Dog Bites in Winnepeg:
1990 - 214
1991 - 275
1992 - 264
1993 - 256
1994 - 301

The year before the Pit Bull ban went into affect in Winnepeg there were 28 pit bull bites. That same year there were 95 bites by shepherds and shepherd mixes.

As a registered voter in my country, it is my RESPONSIBLITY to research the facts that my politicians use to gather voters to them. If my political leaders want to use healthcare to garner voters, then I need to know whether or not their plan will actually work or if they are simply blowing smoke up my @ss to get my vote. Mr. Bryant has taken a very emotional issue, screwed the statistics around to suit his purpose, ignored every knowledgable organization in Canada and you have bought it, hook, line and sinker.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Consider the following truth : Kitchener banned pitbulls in 1997 because the two years previous to that there had been 35 pitbull attacks. Since 1997, there have been 8 incidents between dogs and between dogs and people. BREED BANS DO WORK.
BANTHEPITBULL, you must like to hear yourself talk(or type...) Because your probably the only one on this forum who wants to ban pitbulls, and your not convincing anyone. Why dont YOU consieder the following truth: more people kill people then any other animals do (including pitbulls) so maybe we should ban certain "breeds" of people?? You sound like the typical selfish human. Were the only important species, and no other animals besides us have a meaning to live, eh??
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
BREED BANS DO WORK.
Really? Can you give me one example of any bans that have ever worked?

From Prohibition to bans on drugs and guns, bans do nothing but provide a lucrative trade for criminal element and put whatever is being banned into precisely the wrong hands. Why should breed bans be any different?

Murder is also banned, but that's never stopped anyone.

If you would think about this logically, you would see that BSL is not the answer. It merely hurts responsible people, and will not stop the irresponsible and criminal type.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:34 AM

Banthepitbull, please answer my questions. I honestly would like to know. What breed of dog do you own? And what is the original purpose of that particular breed?
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
quote "I don't own a pit and oppose BSL for any breed."

you will lose interest in all this pretty soon, since you have nothing to lose if a ban comes into effect or otherwise as well.

But I have been affected and am now committed more than ever before to support the ban.

Lets see if you will be still debating this issue few months from now, or will you spearhead a court challenge ? do you have the resources and the motivation to do that ? I doubt it.

This ain't your fight, and it's a public safety issue now.

And, pitbulls and rottweilers can kill (and have killed) an adult person; whereas other dogs cannot.
I have been debating this issue for a couple of years now, and sorry, I don't see my participation in stopping BSL slowing down for a minute. Hell, I was sending out e-mails on my wedding day!

The dogs you want to ban are the dogs that are used by criminals and thugs to protect their crack cocaine and the rest of their crap. Believe you me, if they can't use pit bulls, they will find another breed. Sadly, they will turn to large working breeds (like my rottweilers) next.

In the U.S. the following breeds have also killed. In the last 35 years there have been

1 person killed by a Brittany Spaniel
1 death by a Chesapeake Bay Retriever
3 people killed by dachshunds
4 people killed by Golden Retrievers
1 person killed by an Irish Setter
4 people killed by Labrador Retrievers
1 person killed by a Pomeranian
1 person killed by a Westhighland White Terrier.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:47 AM

Quote "The public safety issue rests with owners of dogs who train same to be aggressive. The most recent pit attack in Toronto happened because:

(a) The owner ADMITTED training her two dogs to attack ;

(b) The owner stupidly didn't make sure her yard was clear before letting the two dogs out;

(c) The dogs did what their moron of an owner had TRAINED them to do;

(d) The guy who was cutting the grass was like you - thick as a plank. He knew that owner had attack dogs and should have alerted the owner to his presence before he entered her yard. "

If that owner didn't have pitbulls, then that guy won't be lying on a hospital bed with a chunk of his head removed (bitten off) and his life shattered. And I care more about that because I can relate to that.

Sure, a lot of things should have been done/shouldn't have been done by the owner and the victim, but the bottomline is that humans aren't perfect and will not do things as they are supposed to do everytime. And that is why we have provisions to protect us from ourselves. Why do you think there is an assault weapons ban ? And I am sure you have reasons for another pitbull attack that happened a few weeks ago in Toronto where police had to shoot the dogs, who as one policeman described, were "devouring the man". And what about the attack, also in July, when 2 pitbulls, who were on a leash, broke away and killed someone else's small dog....who was 13 yrs old. Did you see the picture of the owner of that dog sitting on her porch, crying ?
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinah
Get OUT of here!!! *doing an Elaine shove*

Dachshunds and a pom?

All breeds will be banned if we don't stop the media-fuelled insanity now!
There was also a very sad story of the woman who was on serious pain meds after having surgery. She fell asleep on her couch and while she was sleeping, her toy poodle ate her bottom lip off.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Quote "The public safety issue rests with owners of dogs who train same to be aggressive. The most recent pit attack in Toronto happened because:

(a) The owner ADMITTED training her two dogs to attack ;

(b) The owner stupidly didn't make sure her yard was clear before letting the two dogs out;

(c) The dogs did what their moron of an owner had TRAINED them to do;

(d) The guy who was cutting the grass was like you - thick as a plank. He knew that owner had attack dogs and should have alerted the owner to his presence before he entered her yard. "

If that owner didn't have pitbulls, then that guy won't be lying on a hospital bed with a chunk of his head removed (bitten off) and his life shattered. And I care more about that because I can relate to that.

Sure, a lot of things should have been done/shouldn't have been done by the owner and the victim, but the bottomline is that humans aren't perfect and will not do things as they are supposed to do everytime. And that is why we have provisions to protect us from ourselves. Why do you think there is an assault weapons ban ? And I am sure you have reasons for another pitbull attack that happened a few weeks ago in Toronto where police had to shoot the dogs, who as one policeman described, were "devouring the man". And what about the attack, also in July, when 2 pitbulls, who were on a leash, broke away and killed someone else's small dog....who was 13 yrs old. Did you see the picture of the owner of that dog sitting on her porch, crying ?
Do you honestly believe that because there is an assault weapons ban, there are no assault weapons!?! I am sure that most Canadian drug dealers own at least one.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM

Quote:
And that is why we have provisions to protect us from ourselves.
So, because humans are too stupid to stop drinking and driving, there should be a ban on cars, or alcohol, or both? And because we're too stupid to know what's good for us, there should be an outright ban on smoking, or junk food? I think human beings have become too dependent on the government to do their thinking for them and have therefore abandoned the proper use of their own common sense.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
Monty's_Pet

The dogs you want to ban are the dogs that are used by criminals and thugs to protect their crack cocaine and the rest of their crap. Believe you me, if they can't use pit bulls, they will find another breed. Sadly, they will turn to large working breeds (like my rottweilers) next.

I agree with this qoute because in winnipeg Rotti's were the next breed they tried to ban.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM

I'm still waiting to hear what breed of dog Banthepitbull owns...
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:58 AM

For Banthepitbull

Ignorance has become a way of life for you I see. Such silly remarks.

Its hard to remember all the useless information that you decided to share with everybody, but I do remember the one remark you made about the only people opposing this ban would be owners of pitbulls or close relatives. Well, I do not own a pitbull myself nor do any of my family members, but I do think that the idea of banning this breed is STUPID. For someone to say that all Pitbulls attack is like saying that all Iraqi's are terrorists. Or that all Native Americans are drunks. Do you believe these remarks to be true?
Dogs attack because their owners are useless. If you train your pet and give it the attention and love that is needs to thrive, you will in turn raise a very loyal and loving animal.

People are not born to kill and maim, they are taught these traits, just the same as animals. Pitbulls have been bread to be an aggressive breed......why? because some useless turds decided that they would be good fighting dogs. Now is this the the fault of the breed or is it the fault of the humans that had control of this breed?

I would guess that if I taught my Sheltie to bite and growl and be a crazy dog, she would simply because she wants to please me.

The only thing that these animals should be blamed for, is the fact that they are TOO loyal to their owners.

There are plenty of people on this website that have shared pictures and stories of their pitbulls, describing what amazing animals they really are. If any single person on this website that owned a pitbull were to invite me to their house, I would not be afraid. WHY? Because these animals have been raised by people who care and who have given their animals everything that they have ever needed.

With your negative attitude and the ignorance that you have shared, I would be more afraid of you then any wigglebutt out there!!!!!!!
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Sorry. I live in a country where I have rights. I have the right to protect myself from a government that feels the need to dictate every aspect of my life. If my government feels the need to protect me from myself, then I would much prefer they tried to figure out a real way to protect me and my family from drunk drivers then someone's dog. Drunk drivers kill more people in Canada in a day then dogs kill people in a year. Why isn't Mr. Bryant paying a bit more attention to this? I am willing to bet that drunk driving accidents have become so commonplace in Canada that the press doesn't even bother to report them anymore. I know that is how it is in the U.S.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM

Quote:

There was an incedent recently where 2 young boys were severely attacked by a German Shep. I can't recall the link, but the topic is on this board somewhere.

Anti-ban and pro-ban people, the reasonable ones at least, all want the same end result: Stopping dog attacks.

A ban on a specific breed can never reach that goal. Unless they ban all dogs, and the government would never do that( too many voters).

The Ontario government( who has a poor approval rating) took this sensitive issue, and decided to use it for political gain.

I have to ask, did you know who Michael Bryant was before all this?
I'd bet most Canadians didn't, but they do now.

This ban won't make you any safer. It just excuses the actions of the abusive and negligent( It's not their fault, those dogs are evil).
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Meaghan Edwards

I say we ban the troll.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM

Quote "Anti-ban and pro-ban people, the reasonable ones at least, all want the same end result: Stopping dog attacks."

That is absolutely right. But, at this time, pitbulls are the focus because there simply have been too many pitbull attacks recently. If pitbulls are banned, and then we find that rottweiler attacks are going up, then presumably rottweilers would be banned. And they are infact banned in most countries of the world. Rottweiler owners would need to let their dogs off-leash and go attack other people and pets in Canada before we have a discussion on banning rottweilers here.

Banning the breed altogether seems like the only viable solution so far, as no one has come up with any other suggestions that would prevent pitbull attacks specifically. The onus is on those who don't like the idea of a breed specific ban to propose viable solutions. As I said earlier, muzzle-when-outdoors and keeping pitbulls on short leash aren't likely to solve the problem. Having strict punishments and fines and million dollar liability insurance coverages is also unlikely to prevent such attacks, as people are unlikely to remain vigilant about their pitbulls all the time.

So if you've got ideas and you really don't want a ban banning pitbulls, then you need to let the right people know about your suggestions.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:53 PM

Quote:
prevent pitbull attacks specifically.
That is the crux of the problem, to me. The media and the government have diverted people's attention to focus on one breed.
Many animal agencies have offered numerous suggestions to stop dog bites.

The government doesn't want solutions. The media doesn't want solutions.
They want a good-ole-witch-hunt, to sell papers and attract voters.

Read the threads on this board, the information is all over the place.
And trust me, government has been offered solutions. Animal experts are pretty-much unanimously against this.

I'm sure that some of the pro-ban people are relatively intelligent.
To me, both the pro-ban and anti-ban people should be all over the government to be coming up with workable solutions, and not just hand-waving to distract people.

I don't understand why people would blindly want to implement an expensive,
and almost impossible to enforce law, that won't stop people from being bitten.( Winnipeg is proof enough)

Even you have to admit, with all the child-abductions, drugs, guns and crime in general, our Attorney General should have better things to do with his time.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:42 PM

BANTHEPITBULL,

You are against pit bulls, fine thats your own ignorance that you have to come to terms with. WHat breed of dog do you own??? I hope for your sake BSL will never affect your dog.

V& the brats
Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM

BANTHEPITBULL....I have been reading your other stupid posts on the other pit bull threads. I have to say, you are one stupid idiot. Your posts make absolutely no sense. You said in one thread that your dog was attacked by a pit bull? Well, are you sure it was even a pittie? You probably have no idea what a pittie even looks like, because we all know the media has no idea!!! What if your dog was attacked by a bichon? or a chihuahua? then would you be preaching to ban pits? Your cousin who is now terrified of dogs because a dog (who you are assuming is a pit), attacked him. Well, how old is your cousin and why was he alone around a strange dog? That's the parents fault and the owner of the dog, not the dog's fault!! A dog is what you make it. They're like kids. If your child ran around stealing and doing drugs, and one day killed someone, would you tell the government to ban all kids? What about all black kids? Should they be banned because they might join a gang one day? What about asian kids? What about brown kids, like me? While you're at it, lets ban TV because there's too much violence and nudity on these days. Forget about responsible parenting, let's do everything for them because the human race is too stupid to do things for themselves!! It's people like you that cause so much distrust and angst among people. You are ignorant, and uneducated on this subject. Why don't you go take up a real fight with government and oppose the gun registry, and support a sex offender registry?? Why not support logical things insted of wasting time supporting a ban that will NEVER work??? You are a product of the media. They told you what you wanted to hear, and you bought into it like a good little conformist.......
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:35 PM

Assault Weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott
Do you honestly believe that because there is an assault weapons ban, there are no assault weapons!?! I am sure that most Canadian drug dealers own at least one.

Thats a bad example, because for most of the last 20 years in the United States there has been no assualt weapon ban.

Who has more of a problem with assualt weapons per capita ?

They have nearly 350 more gun related injuries.

Anyways, I agree with what your saying but I wouldn't use that example because of the above and because.

What about Rocket Launchers, Combat lasers etc... they're banned here, why are there almost none ? Because they are banned in the United States. Our Weapons come from there, pretty much every single one.

The other big difference is No one can tell you have an assualt weapon you can keep it secret forever if you want, you could even hide one in the house your wife wouldn't know you have. Can't hide your pit.

Suggesting you don't use the example does not invalidate your point.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:26 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeler's rock!
BANTHEPITBULL....I have been reading your other stupid posts on the other pit bull threads. I have to say, you are one stupid idiot. Your posts make absolutely no sense. You said in one thread that your dog was attacked by a pit bull? Well, are you sure it was even a pittie? You probably have no idea what a pittie even looks like, because we all know the media has no idea!!! What if your dog was attacked by a bichon? or a chihuahua? then would you be preaching to ban pits? Your cousin who is now terrified of dogs because a dog (who you are assuming is a pit), attacked him. Well, how old is your cousin and why was he alone around a strange dog? That's the parents fault and the owner of the dog, not the dog's fault!! A dog is what you make it. They're like kids. If your child ran around stealing and doing drugs, and one day killed someone, would you tell the government to ban all kids? What about all black kids? Should they be banned because they might join a gang one day? What about asian kids? What about brown kids, like me? While you're at it, lets ban TV because there's too much violence and nudity on these days. Forget about responsible parenting, let's do everything for them because the human race is too stupid to do things for themselves!! It's people like you that cause so much distrust and angst among people. You are ignorant, and uneducated on this subject. Why don't you go take up a real fight with government and oppose the gun registry, and support a sex offender registry?? Why not support logical things insted of wasting time supporting a ban that will NEVER work??? You are a product of the media. They told you what you wanted to hear, and you bought into it like a good little conformist.......
You are one selfish buffoon...fyi, my cousin is 4 yrs old, was playing in his own backyard...when a pitbull from half a block away came wandering on HIS property and held the hood of his jacket in his teeth...when his parents came and managed to save their kid....otherwise you would have been reading about him in a newspaper and I'm sure you would have had some explanation/reasons even then.

And listen, pitbulls are NOT humans, they don't have the same rights, and if they go around attacking humans...even if we are at fault....they will still be blamed. There are better animals out there who deserve more sympathy. Here's a suggestion for you, why don't you go and visit that guy who had a part of his head ripped out by 2 pitbulls and maybe explain to him that it wasn't the dogs fault....these aren't really aggressive dogs.. and it's the society and the media's fault .....blah blah blah.

And I am TOTALLY DISGUSTED by your comment that "all black kids might join a gang someday". You are a friggin racist at heart and your comments reflect that.
Closed Thread