Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 31st, 2005, 04:14 PM

Smile Yes, dogs can go to Heaven

This was written in our local newspaper today, I thought it was a sweet story. I looked in the archives but couldn't find the story she is referring to in her response in a letter to the editor.

I agree with the man about his Millie ("Pet dog was wonderful friend" March 11). Dogs are wonderful friends. They never turn their back on you, never offer any back talk, and most of all they never stop loving you, if you love them. They are always waiting for you when you get home, wagging their tails.
My baby Buffy will be 15 in December, and I am dreading her departure. It has been she and I her entire life, and she is very much a part of my life, just like my child.
My Buffy knows my every mood, thought and word, and is so very smart. And yes, I believe they do go to Heaven. She or I (whoever goes first) will wait for the other. I'm sure Mr.Colicchop will see his Millie again.
I wish elderly people, especially those who are lonely, would get a pet, for they are so very good company. They make you get up in the morning, for you know you have to "do" for them, and they help you to forget your troubles.
I also have a cat, Tinker, but Buffy is my heart. I was left Tinker by his mother at my back door. Loving pets as I do, I took him in and now I love him, also.

Mary Ann McDonald
Saraland, Al

Now if only more people saw pets as these two loving elderly people did, the world would be a much better place!!

Last edited by TWilson9498; March 31st, 2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old April 1st, 2005, 11:33 AM

It's really amazing what a difference a pet can be in a person's life. It's proven that people with pets live longer, healthier lives. And I've seen it myself when self professed 'not pet people' either have a pet enter their lives, even for only a little while, and it doesn't take long before their calling it 'Mommy's baby' or 'Daddy's little girl'

My dad is always thrilled when I bring my cat over (he greets the cat before he greets me) but my mom hates cat hair in her house, through she doesn't mind the animals themselves. I'm thinking of looking for a non shedding cat breeder to pass by for her consideration. Maybe a rex or some sort.
Old April 1st, 2005, 11:36 AM

It's also proven that marriages last longer if there are dogs involved. Supposedly when the two spouses have had a bad day, neither one is of much help to the other but then the dog comes in waggin' and "happy dancing" and lightens the mood.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:30 PM

On our car
LOST- WIFE AND DOG
REWARD FOR RETURN OF DOG