Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Tech talk

Old January 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributor

hazel, is that the song I uploaded to the share files place?
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Not a stupid question...I thought of that, but I don't have any software that allows me to edit the music.

Sigh...I wish. It's 51.8 M in size so too big for me to email. Plus the powerpoint presentation has been told that the file is in that spot on my hard drive and therefore, even if I could email the music, it wouldn't know where to look.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to cut down the size of a music file?

you couldn't put it in a zip file to send??

do you have Nero?? or roxio??
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post

Ummm.....just remember that the dummy on this end doesn't have a clue what you're talking about so wouldn't know what to do with it.
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Senior Contributor

rainbow do you know the song name?
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
hazel, is that the song I uploaded to the share files place?
Yes. But she'd have to delete the file name that's attached and add the new one--and I'm not sure if she has powerpoint.

Do you have powerpoint, rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post

I have Nero. Every time I try to run it my machine freezes. It's an old version and the upgrades were too big for me to download

I think I have a way to fix it, but now I gotta go make dinner. I'll do a little more and when we're done with dinner.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

oh, great...now I've screwed up my copy, too... battin' 1000!

Oh, well. I did it once. I can do it again! Right this time.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Senior Contributor

hmmmm

yes rainbow do let us know if you have powerpoint
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

ohhh dear hazel
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
-

Sorry for not replying sooner....had to take a phone call.

Yes, I have Power Point.....and when the cd starts it first says "Power Point Viewer".
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
-

Is the music to the song online somewhere? Then I can play it a couple of times and then hum it in my head when I play the cd.
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

that is the powerpoint viewer

That is packaged with the cd (hazel done good doing that)

the actual powerpoint program if you have it it will be under start->programs-> (office->?) powerpoint.
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Yes, I have Power Point.....and when the cd starts it first says "Power Point Viewer".
Yep, that was packaged with the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post

Is the music to the song online somewhere? Then I can play it a couple of times and then hum it in my head when I play the cd.
That would be good! LOL

However, I fixed it, burned a couple more CDs and will send it out as soon as I can get into town. I emailed the other person I'd mailed it to, and she said hers didn't play music either. So she's gettin' the other one!

Old January 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

ladies, if you use winzip or winrar to compress it you may get it small enough that you can email it. that's how dm and i made the rainbow thread thingy.

now i want to know what the song is too.
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

It's the somewhere over the rainbow rendition/medley done by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole.

I don't have a zip program.

Old January 16th, 2009, 09:24 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, dm just sent it to me, i love that song.. can't you send the file to dm like i did, if i could remember how i did that.
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

You mean the slide file? Not when it's over 14 M in size.

If rainbow can copy the song from online to her My Music folder, the presentation on the CD might be able to locate it.

Old January 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I still have it uploaded I can send it to rainbow that way
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Hazel, you can resize music files right in Windows Media Player, which you would have free on your computer if you have Windows. Import the song, drag to the timeline, and resave to your computer at a smaller size. I do this all the time. Otherwise Megaupload is a site you can upload it to and Rainbow could download it from. However, with your dial-up 70MB could take you several hours to upload, LOL! But it would be doable. I upload and share files as large as 350MB with Megaupload all the time. Their limit is 500MB.
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I have Windows Media Player...couldn't figure out a way to do it, though... let me try it again...

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I don't even see an import function much less a timeline I dont' use Media Player very often.

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Hmmm maybe I can get rainbow to send it to me (saved from Cd to her hardrive) I might be able to fix & remake it. hazel if that is ok?
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

How are you going to set up the timing?

Probably easier for me to just mail the new CD. It only costs a couple of bucks.

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Senior Contributor

ok then your call
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley14 View Post
Hazel, you can resize music files right in Windows Media Player, which you would have free on your computer if you have Windows. Import the song, drag to the timeline, and resave to your computer at a smaller size.
One of these days you'll have to talk me through this, Smiley! I've been looking at Media Player, and now I'm still intrigued and still totally lost.

I hate technology...

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Hazel I Think Maybe with Sound recorder? (Comes with Windows) Under accessories

if you play the song while sound recorder is recording you can do it that way.

That is how I have done it
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:55 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oooooo...I do have that. Never used it, though. Let me go play.

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Um....only, how do you save it as smaller?

Old January 16th, 2009, 11:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Never mind.

Old January 16th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Senior Contributor

LMAO sorry girl I am watching kittys/entertaining Diamond/in TJT & eating. LOL

Iz a lil slow
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I knocked both ends off it. Sounds okay in the beginning but can't get the fade back in the end where I truncated it.