Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:49 PM

Dog bleeding through nose

New member, hi all. The dog is part lhasa apso and part ****su, 5 years old.

My girlfriends dog, i'm very attached to her, started bleeding out of one nostril last night and has been to the vet already...

Backing up, about 5 weeks ago she had surgery to remove 2 bladder stones, came through nicely, scar on her belly is healed very well... $1200 later, healty dog.

If she's outside, she's either on a leash walking or tied up in the front yard. But on SUNDAY night, she got out of the house and was gone for over an hour. I'm pretty sure she would have gotten into something, just don't know what.

On monday, she was fine... On tuesday morning, again fine. Tuesday evening and all through the night, she was a little out of sorts, bit of diarrhea and vomiting. Early in the wee hours of wednesday morning, she started spotting blood through the one nostril. The girlfriend just happened to get up through the night. She was at the vets first thing on Wednesday morning (today).

They did blood tests and found red blood count down a little (low normal), and the whites elevated a little. She's still spotting blood through the one nostril but is now drugged, she's pretty groggy and out of it. According to the vet, she has a bit of pancreatitis as well.

What could she have gotten into that would react a couple of days later? Or could it be coincidental? Wondering if something poisonous? She's been on meds and a special vet diet this whole time after surgery.

I'm worried sick over seeing her bleed. She's licking her nose and probably swallowing quite a bit so I guess vomiting wouldn't be out of the question? Should I use an ice pack? Anyone ever seen this?