Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM

what breed are my dogs?

Sadie, who was rescued from the animal rescue league, is the one who looks similar to an Australian Shepard but my be a spanial/border collie miz... maybe?
Misery, who I said I would tell you about, came to me from her 7th owner who was moving to Montreal. By this time, she was nearly 2 and so I kept her name as Misery because it seemed to suit her at the time even though she is anything but. I was told she is a pit and lab mix and I can see the resemblance but am not quite sure. In the introduction/Pics of pets page I told you there were 11 puppies. Miso had an accidental pregnancy. Luckily the pups all went to people I know and are now nearly 7 months. Will have updates and pics on each pup ASAP.
ANYWAYS, got a little . If anyone has any guesses, would be greatly appreciated. 1 more pic of Miso to follow.
Attached Images

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM

I have no guesses, but they sure are pretty.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM

More Pics

Ok, so i went a bit over board and I'm not sure if you can readf the writing on the pics but the darker dog(El Duche) is the father of the puppies and the one below is his mom(Chelsea), and the rest are Misery and her puppies.
Attached Images

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM

thank you, made em myself! lol j/k
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimereality View Post
Misery, who I said I would tell you about, came to me from her 7th owner who was moving to Montreal. By this time, she was nearly 2 and so I kept her name as Misery because it seemed to suit her at the time even though she is anything but. I was told she is a pit and lab mix and I can see the resemblance but am not quite sure. In the introduction/Pics of pets page I told you there were 11 puppies. Miso had an accidental pregnancy. Luckily the pups all went to people I know and are now nearly 7 months.
is Misery spayed now? sorry to hear about the accidental pregnancy (Misery loves company? sorry, bad pun, couldn't resist), but VERY HAPPY to hear they all have homes w/ folks you know.

7 owners? wow, that's alot. do you know why she's been through so many homes? her look sorta reminds me of my own dog, a basenji-mix. could be a bit of basenji in there, hard to tell exactly...regardless, they are pretty dogs!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM

Thumbs up

Yes, Misery was spayed as soon as possible. i actually had to bring her in twice because she had milk a bit longer than usual so we had to wait to get her fixed. She is now a big spoiled fattie. Because She and I lived in the city, she was used to me bringing her out all the time and now we live in the country adn have an electic fence but she won't stay outside by herself, had to replace the screen in the dorr a few times so far. I was told from 2 that they couldn't handle her and one person had a new baby and didn't want her around and not sure about why the others gave her up except the last 2 people to own her moved to Montreal (two different people at different times!) She is very well trained now however. I've had her for about two years. She actually saved my life once and I will tell the tale very soon but no time now.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Honest Contributor

who owns the father of the pups? has he been neutered now, to avoid any more accidents?

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM

Thumbs up

WOW, just checked out some basenji pics. one of her puppies has the curly tail! Her's does the ? thing but Otis has the basenji tale. A clue sherlock? perhaps. Thanks!!!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM

My friend rudi owns the dad and grammie. He lives 1 town over. i'm not sure if duche is now fixed but I know he was planning on it. Most likely he is by now.

Last edited by sublimereality; November 3rd, 2006 at 01:21 PM. Reason: forgot to finish my sentence, lol
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Honest Contributor

that's good to hear amazing what two intact dogs can produce in one accidental mating, eh?

hopefully all the puppies will be spayed & neutered asap, to avoid more production of mutt-puppies... somehow the shelters are bursting at the seams with dogs like this (unfortunately). i'm just curious though... if you adopted her from a shelter, why was she released without being spayed?...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM

Wink

I didn't adopt Misery from a shelter. She came to me co-incidently and I am so happy she did. A friend came to me and said she was leaving for montreal and asked if I could watch Miso and she would send for her later. She didn't. I'm so glad. Yeah, about the litter size, it was a 12 hour ordeal for her, I felt so bad but stayed with her the whole time. Most of the puppies are fixed now and one (Athena, and I will post lots and lots of pics of her) who is the runt, I will be helping to pay for her as her owners can't do it now without help. Alright, got to get away from the computer and get some homework done. Here are 3 zillion puppy pics. I think i am posting way too much!!
Back to the basenji comment: there is a pic of miso with some puppies in the show us your pets part that shows his tale pretty good.
Attached Images

Last edited by sublimereality; November 3rd, 2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't think her pups look basenji. I think SHE, herself, looks to have SOME basenji in her. she's a mix though. probably a mix of a few different breeds. (one of which may, or may not, be basenji)
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM

I just meant that maybe that's where Otis got his tale.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
Senior Contributor

There is no such thing as too many pup-pics,keep posting
Old December 30th, 2006, 02:44 PM

Question Nova

I was just looking through the posts and I saw Matangers post about Nova. With Misery (the blond dog above) I had always assumed Pitbull/lab mix until recently. Now I've been looking at Basenji which is somewhat unlikely and also surprisingly beagle. One of Misery's puppies was fixed very recently and the vet said she thought Lady was a beagle mix. When i see the pictures of Nova, I am a bit more convinced. Any ideas guys?