Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Talking Oh Onster..........

It's Christmas time all over again at 14+'s house!! sooooo much!! I got the bed yesterday so I unpacked it and watched the fun!! And the toys and treats! Wonderful! My babies are very very spoiled! They appreciate it and so do I!
Ignore the stuff in the background of the first pic. I was going to change litter last night. Never quite got there.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:56 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

The best part about getting a BIG box!!
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

And more bubble wrap. Heaven for cats!!
Mylee is really enjoying those spring toys!! Thank you!
I will open another thread for the catty cats.
Attached Images

Old January 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Half Way To Crazy

aaaa kitty cats after my own heart, bubble wrap, I love bubble wrap pop pop pop ..lol lol

Onster what wonderful gifts. I love the basket bed.
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Contributor

awwwww yay!! they fit!!! lol actually whoever that is in the basket, they fit very well!! I hope they decide its a nice play to nap

hehehe i told u the box was huge...i just used all the bubble wrap and the filling to make sure it didnt bop around. I figured ure kitties would like the box best too

The toys I sent are basically the same as my boys' favourite toys. Springs are big here...and the rainbow mouse too, they chew on it alot - I think its good for teethies lol Bunduks favourite are the kitty hoots products...the one with all the writing on theback of the card.

Be aware tho ure gonan find springs eveyywhere!!! Under the fridge, under tables etc etc

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL

next time ill just send u some bubble wrap

Love the pics..thanks!

Old January 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
150% PRO S/N

No worries with the toys under fridges and stuff. We have a ritual here a couple of times a day. I have a long steel dowel I use for retrieving stuff from under things. As soon as I pick it up I have 5 very interested kitties waiting anxiously by the machines/fridge/stove/etc to see what shows up from underneath!
I took the bed out to the catuary. The inside guys have so much now. I figured it was the outside guys who could use the bed and a little "extra" spoiling. Thanks again. I really am flabbergasted!!

Old January 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
150% PRO S/N

Oh yeah, Tinka is the one in the first pic of the bed. She is only six months old so she has lots of time to fill it if I decide to bring it back in. Mittens was the next one in. He is still only 9 months and is now 11 pounds!

Old January 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
~Cat Servent~

omg they got packing peanuts AND bubble wrap... well now I'm jelous too!!!

(Windy here is eyeing that cat in the box... one of her favorite toys too!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Awwww, that's so nice Onster! I love that little bed, where'd you get it?

And who's the kitty with the gorgeous markings in the second last pic?

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Senior Contributor

awwwwwwwwww onster that is soooooooooo mce of you

Look at that fun!!
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

How nice Onster,X-Mas all over again,that bed is just right for your little kitties 14+.
I have looked for those springy things,where can I find them?
It seems all cats like them.
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:26 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post

I kept the box, peanuts and bubblewrap so they can play with it again some time. Not spoiled at all!! Any time you want to "borrow" some you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacer View Post

That's Dayle Stacer. She is also in the 6th pic. You can see her markings better in it. She is a very pretty girl. Hubby says her fur is like velvet. He keeps saying she would make a great pair of gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
awwwwwwwwww onster that is soooooooooo mce of you

Look at that fun!!
It was very sweet of Onster to send the bed, toys and treats!! She is the best! I keep saying that we have the best people on this site!!

Old January 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
How nice Onster,X-Mas all over again,that bed is just right for your little kitties 14+.
Yep, love it!! Except it went to my guys outside. Hopefully Onster will come back in and tell us. I have looked before too. I guess they are only available in her area. They sure are a hit here! I have to go hunt them down from under the appliances.

Old January 9th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post

Onnie and Bunduk were in my room when I was packing it - let me tell you I have injuries from trying to keep my boys away from the peanuts!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacer View Post

I forgot to comment last time about gorgeous kitty too. What unique markings!!!

Stacer, the bed is from Egypt. I bought it in Alexandria but you can get them all over. They are made by the bedouins (like the natives) of the Siwa Oasis in the Western desert of Egypt. Lotsa palm trees and the date-palm fronds are used to weave baskets, plates, mats and other items. Also famous for jewelry.

Can see some crafts here http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...icial%26sa%3DN

some random pics I found from siwa http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahnoon...-40914509@N00/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Chico, i buy them from pet valu

Old January 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Heres a guy weaving away with the palm to make something http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...JEfoA/340x.jpg maybe the beginning of a kitty bed!

cool eh

Last edited by onster; January 9th, 2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL

I just noticed that in the first pic, someone has a peanut stuck to their butt!!! hahahahaha

Old January 9th, 2009, 07:31 PM
-

WOW....not only a bed but a whole box full of toys.

What a wonderful thing Onster did for the kitty crew.

The crew is going to have so much fun playing with everything. The colourful springs were always my kitties favourites too.
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

oh nono I didnt send the box of toys - those were already there I assume They were super spoiled already

I just sent a few toys that's all

But the springs are the best eh Except I hate hunting for them when suddenly 3 packages full are no where to be seen

Old January 9th, 2009, 07:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by onster View Post
LOL

I just noticed that in the first pic, someone has a peanut stuck to their butt!!! hahahahaha
you're right !

That's so nice of you Onster ! I looooove the bed (I want one , for myself I mean )
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:58 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post

That's Dayle Stacer. She is also in the 6th pic. You can see her markings better in it. She is a very pretty girl. Hubby says her fur is like velvet. He keeps saying she would make a great pair of gloves.

Gloves Dayle is a beauty
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
you're right !

That's so nice of you Onster ! I looooove the bed (I want one , for myself I mean )

Maybe I should start a business, exporting them from egypt and importing to canada...sell them on the side. Hahahaha Im sure if im a good customer they may make me a human sized one just for u frenchy

Old January 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
-

Quote:
they may make me a human sized one just for u frenchy
yeaaaaaaa ! Oh they would have to make it big enough for me , a great dane , a golden , a mini golden and 2 kitties

thank you
Old January 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Bubble wrap and peanut Nirvana! Treats!! Toys!! And can't forget the box! Happy kitties!! Onster, you're such a good kitty buddy!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 10th, 2009, 06:44 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Timmy has a "magnetic personality" I guess. You should have seen his back end before hubby took most of the peanuts off him.
Quote:
oh nono I didnt send the box of toys - those were already there I assume They were super spoiled already

I just sent a few toys that's all

But the springs are the best eh Except I hate hunting for them when suddenly 3 packages full are no where to be seen
The toys in the first picture are from Winston, Sylvie, krdahmer, my daughter and me. Nope, my guys aren't spoiled at all!! Now they have toys from Onster to join them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Bubble wrap and peanut Nirvana! Treats!! : Toys!! And can't forget the box! Happy kitties!! Onster, you're such a good kitty buddy!
She sure is! I told hubby he couldn't have the box today when he went on his garbage run to the dump. It's going to provide hours of playtime for the kitties yet!

Old January 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Onster you are a wonderful person . Those baskets make such wonderful cat beds

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Tinka is so sweet all tucked in the bed in the 2nd pic I Love that blanket too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
No worries with the toys under fridges and stuff. We have a ritual here a couple of times a day. I have a long steel dowel I use for retrieving stuff from under things. As soon as I pick it up I have 5 very interested kitties waiting anxiously by the machines/fridge/stove/etc to see what shows up from underneath!
I used to use the metal handle of the flyswatter, & mine were always more interested in playing with that first then whatever came out from under the fridge/stove

So funny all of them in the peanuts & bubble wrap

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ your furbabies are soooo cute! I love the markings on the butt of the cat hanging into the bottom left corner of the box! Just beautiful! Was that one a stray?

I didn't know it was ok to let cats play with bubble wrap or peanuts. Gee I'm such a bad Mommy, I always take that stuff away from them cause I'm afraid they'll eat it.

Quote:

The toys I sent are basically the same as my boys' favourite toys. Springs are big here...and the rainbow mouse too, they chew on it alot - I think its good for teethies lol Bunduks favourite are the kitty hoots products...the one with all the writing on theback of the card.
springs? are they plastic springs or spring springs?

Gee i lead such a sheltered life. Spring time I'm going to get my son to take me to Timmins! Only another 5 months to go.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

How wonderful is that.pics 2&3 are cute.
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
14+ your furbabies are soooo cute! I love the markings on the butt of the cat hanging into the bottom left corner of the box! Just beautiful! Was that one a stray?

Tundra - Most of my kitties have been born around this area from four moms. All of the moms have now been trapped and fixed except for one. I have not seen her in months. :sad: I think the kitty you are asking about it Tiny Tim. His momma had him and his brother and sister in my greenhouse. I got to know the kitties and brought them in the house. The day after I managed to get mom too. Mom is now a friendly feral to me. I pick her up and cuddle with her every day. She still runs away from everyone else.

I didn't know it was ok to let cats play with bubble wrap or peanuts. Gee I'm such a bad Mommy, I always take that stuff away from them cause I'm afraid they'll eat it.

I watch closely when they are playing with this stuff. They only get it when I am able to watch them play. First sign of them trying to eat it it is taken away. So far I haven't had to do that.

springs? are they plastic springs or spring springs?

The springs are plastic coated. Very neat. Mittens absolutely LOVES them!!! He manages to lose them every day. I have to hunt them out from under the stove and washing machine and every other spot he can hide them. The other kitties never get a chance to play with them cause he's always got them!

Gee i lead such a sheltered life. Spring time I'm going to get my son to take me to Timmins! Only another 5 months to go.
Debbie
Yep, you need to go buy toys!!