Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old March 10th, 2005, 01:00 PM

Hi all!
Just found this site yesterday and decided to join!
In July of 2004 my husband and I adopted 3 cats (1.5 year old brothers) from the Kingston Humane Society and we are loving every minute of it!
I'm looking forward to reading the posts and maybe get some hints/ideas on training our Boyz!
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Welcome! Don't forget to post some pictures.

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Here is our story as posted on the "Happy Tails" of the Kingston Humane Society website ....
==================================
"We were sad when we had to have our 20 year old cat put down in February 2004. We knew that after a while we would look into getting another cat, and we even talked about adopting 2 cats this time so that they could keep each other company while we were out.

We live in Ottawa so I started checking the Ottawa Humane Society web site regularly, and somehow I also stumbled across the Kingston Humane Society web site. I was instantly hooked! I was very impressed with the layout of the Kingston site and the fact that there was a personalized story for every cat.

One day, I noticed a very handsome cat so I read the story beneath the picture. Lo and behold there were actually 3 cats in the story! These three boys (Huey, Dewey & Louie) were found wandering the streets together and the Kingston Humane Society was hoping that the three of them could be adopted together. We were planning on getting 2 cats anyway so how much difference could 1 more make?!?!? They were a ready-made family … 3 brothers that were accustomed to being together, played well together and just wanted to stay together.

On July 3, 2004 we drove down to Kingston to pick up our Boyz, now known as Pippin, Merri and Sam (named after the hobbits in the Lord of the Rings). Originally we had planned on getting them declawed, but after a few days of training we realized that we really didn’t have to go to that extreme as the only scratching they did was on the scratching posts that we provided for them. They have been an absolute joy to have around. Everyday when we get home from work they are sitting in the front window waiting to greet us. They entertain us for hours with their frolicking, but when they’re ready for their cuddle time they turn into the most lovable and cuddly teddy bears!

We want to take this opportunity to congratulate the KHS for having such a fabulous and interesting website. Thanks to them, we have our precious Boyz!

To see more pictures of Pippin, Merri and Sam check out their photo album at www.haakman.ca
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome! They are all just adorable. How kind of you to take all three - they were definitely born under a lucky star!