Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
banned user

So, who's going to the Cesar milan live show ?

$138.00 for front rows.....in Edmonton. Hmmmm. Just curious.
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Senior Contributor

i am
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

nope, he'd have to pay me!!
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exkalibur View Post
$138.00 for front rows.....in Edmonton. Hmmmm. Just curious.
I am. Going with SO and some friends in Calgary, but not for that price! We scored much, much cheaper seats. I'll be interested to hear what he has to say. I don't know if skeptical is the right word... but I'm a little weary/concerned of some of his methods, mainly because I've read some very convincing arguments that while his methods may work in the "pack" he has, it won't work for most average households. Still, it should be alright.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Senior Contributor

I am definately going and looking forward to it. I would like to hear the man outside of the camera. Should be interesting.
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Half Way To Crazy

would love to go but the price is to rich for me..
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:02 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Exactly
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Well we will be waiting to see what you all have to say after the show. I really am on the fence about him, certain things I like others not so much. I am curious to hear what you think after you hear him speak
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Senior Contributor

I would love to go, however one this is the first i am hearing about it and i am in school. As for his pack mentality, I whole heartinglly agree. Dogs are pack animals, they thrive in a thinking pack setting. All dogs have the pack mentality, its just that we don't nurture that aspect of a dogs way of thinking. Doesn't mean you can't give your dog attention, affective, etc...of course you do..however i believe that dogs do thrive when they think they are in a pack setting.
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:40 AM
-

Quote:
Not even paying me would coerce me into going....regardless of his training methods I don't like his persona.

btw....In Toronto and Hamilton the cost is $150.00
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastifflover View Post
Well we will be waiting to see what you all have to say after the show. I really am on the fence about him, certain things I like others not so much. I am curious to hear what you think after you hear him speak
The important thing here is not if you are a fan or not. Every trainer has good methods and idealogies as well as some that are not well received. I like to keep an open mind to all information provided by various trainers/behaviouralist. If one limits themselves or has a closed mind, they may miss out on some very interesting information. I chose to keep an open mind and learn and extract from many on what I like and I discard what I do not like.
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:04 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

One of my open-minded GF's booked her tickets directly from http://www.cesarmillanlive.ca lower lever 2 @ $69.50 + $13.61 (ship & Tax) = $166.22 to the Nov 3rd show at the Ottawa Scotia Bank Place.

Prices vary from city to city.
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
One of my open-minded GF's booked her tickets directly from http://www.cesarmillanlive.ca lower lever 2 @ $69.50 + $13.61 (ship & Tax) = $166.22 to the Nov 3rd show at the Ottawa Scotia Bank Place.

Prices vary from city to city.
Nice to see you have open minded GFs.

It is rather expensive isn't it.
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I am definately going and looking forward to it. I would like to hear the man outside of the camera. Should be interesting.

Are u going to edmonton?

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Are u going to edmonton?
No - he is actually coming to Montreal.
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Laval Zoo

I'd love to go to the Montreal show but I can't pay that much.. I'll stick to watching his show
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Senior Contributor

I actually love Ceasar,I don't have a dog,so I cannot judge his methods,but as far as I have seen,he's never hurt an animal.
I also like the way he speaks up for Pit-Bulls and he seems to have a sincere love for the dogs.
Would I pay $150 to go see him,probably not,I'll stick with seeing him on TV.

The other night I watched 5 min of "ON Leash" or something like that,5 min was all I could take of him(don't know his name)
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Beagle Rescue / CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
The important thing here is not if you are a fan or not. Every trainer has good methods and idealogies as well as some that are not well received. I like to keep an open mind to all information provided by various trainers/behaviouralist. If one limits themselves or has a closed mind, they may miss out on some very interesting information. I chose to keep an open mind and learn and extract from many on what I like and I discard what I do not like.
Very well put. I couldn't agree more. If anyone has caught some more recent episodes of The Dog Whisperer it seems that Cesar himself is growing and learning that using positive reinforcement has merit. I think he just might be coming around. There is no doubt that he loves animals and helps thousands of dogs worldwide which is more than I can say for another tv trainer that comes to mind. I would see him in a heartbeat if I could afford it. All my extra money goes to the dogs though
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Exkalibur,
I'll be a bit behind you. Was not going to shell out the big bucks for floor seats, so I"m in the first level.
Can't wait.
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGrey View Post
I would love to go, however one this is the first i am hearing about it and i am in school. As for his pack mentality, I whole heartinglly agree. Dogs are pack animals, they thrive in a thinking pack setting. All dogs have the pack mentality, its just that we don't nurture that aspect of a dogs way of thinking. Doesn't mean you can't give your dog attention, affective, etc...of course you do..however i believe that dogs do thrive when they think they are in a pack setting.
Temple Grandin has explained how some of the methods he uses on TV in his "pack" (the center he has with multiple dogs), may not be that applicable in a home setting. I've read some of her work that offers an interesting perspective on this concept... but I don't think many of us would argue that dogs thrive when they have some order and structure to their lives. The public really need to take to heart his disclaimers... many people do not have the knowledge or experience to use the technique's he shows on TV properly and should consult with a trainer first before attempting anything.

You should read "Animals Make Us Human" by Temple Grandin. She offers an interesting approach to some of Cesar's techniques.

I am very excited to see him live

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Senior Contributor

tomorrow night is the night!!! Im so excited, we're leaving early so we can have supper out in Ottawa, I'll let you all know how it is!!! Oh and Brina was rejected in the 3rd round of being on the show...bummer *L*
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:33 PM

How do you get your dog on the show? Scruffy should totally be there.I keep telling him I'm going to send him to Cesar's..lol
Three more sleeps! Can't wait
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Senior Contributor

they just asked for volunteers and then later send you an application that you fill out then go from there. Man what a show!!!