Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old April 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM

Exclamation Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products

Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to three specific canned products: Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans, and Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans.

Diamond Pet Foods has not received any indication of quality or safety issues, including pet illness, with the three withdrawn products. However, because American Nutrition informed the company that these three specific products may include rice protein concentrate, Diamond Pet Foods felt this action was necessary for the protection of its customers and their pets.

Customers with these products should stop feeding them immediately and return them to their retailer for a full refund.

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul dry pet food and dog treats ARE NOT part of any pet food or treat recall.

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:23 PM

:sad: I wonder what else they make.
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM

i have a couple of family members with pets that fed their cats chicken soup. Here is my concern, they are voluntarily recalling them to be safe, because rice protein may have been used in them? If you go to the website and look at the ingredients in the cans, there is nothing that says rice protein, just your white rice, brown rice etc.

This leads me to the same thoughts about Innova, or any of the other good foods we know that use rice, how do we know that rice protein or rice bran isnt in them??

Just a thought that has me a bit worried. Anyway...
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Learning fast

In short i don't think you really do, I'm wondering if some of the recalls is bacause many people are switching from low quality brands to premium and have continued to feed like before, the resulting change and the obvious overfeeding has caused many reports of pets having loose stools.
At the end of this fiasco hopefully we will either see brands that you can stand behind, or companys revealing what they are really like.
The sad part is the masses will think once it's over, that the poorer quality food will be all better and the fact it's still as cheap will have them flocking to the gracery store to stock up on there $10 40lb bag of grain.
I also wonder how many other companys are hiding there real ingredients under the disguise that they have so many months before they have to change the packaging. Maybe, just maybe they were caught with there pants down, hopefully it's nothing serious, tomorrow's friday so i'm sure they will anounce something to ensure everyone gets to stew over the weekend while the answer machine takes the brunt of the disgruntled calls .
The good list grows ever shorter.
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:36 PM
-

Diamond says it's American Nutrition's fault:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.diamondpet.com/promotions/41/
It should be noted that the products being withdrawn were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. While the FDA is investigating this, current information indicates this error is a result of a manufacturing deviation by American Nutrition.